oldtimer

Rigging Position?

How do you establish the Full rigging position, at the centerline of the fork ?, at the lowest part of the bar ? , or what?

/ Knut

Oldtimer, there was a thread here at LW about this topic 1 or 2 or 3 years back. People explained where and why they used the reference points they did. If I remember correctly the lowest part of the front bar pad was said to be the best reference point since it was not modified by stock thickness, horn angle, etc.

Also somewehere here http://www.saddlemakers.org/id190.htm was a great visusal and verbal comparison/explanation about the different reference points one can use. I just could not find the exact site or it has been taken off. I am waiting for the ASM to upload the still missing parts of this interesting website. It gives more that just an overview of factors related to saddle fit.

Tosch

Knut,

The old thread that Denise referenced has some good discussions. Here's another source. Verlane under the ASMA flag wrote this information concerning rigging. She discussed the positions and some methods for determining those rigging position utilizing multiple saddle tree styles. I saved it as a PDF and had to look up the link. Here it is.

Verlane - ASMA Rigging Positions and Methods

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Ben

Thank you all. ( I knew I´ve read some topic about it but I couldn´t find it !)

/ Knut

gtwister09,

Thank You !!! This link was what I was looking for and could not find again. Glad it is still there.

Tosch

Verlanes article was great ! Thank´s !

/ Knut