vmaniqui

Parts For Singer Sewing Machine 16-188

new member here. been looking for motor belt for 16-188 and bobbin plate. appreciate it. i got myself an old 16-188 for $1. and need to make it working.

thanks again.

Hi Vmaniqui.

Sharp Sewing has parts for those. You can also get the leather belts on Ebay. But I just measured the width of the pulley grooves and the length needed by using a string. Then I went to an auto store for a rubber belt. This limits you a bit because the rubber belt isn't as flexible. But it works and you don't here the Tick Tick Tick of the leather belt's staple.

Here's Sharp Sewings Ebay store. http://stores.ebay.com/SHARP-SEWING-SUPPLIES/SINGER-16-CLASS-/_i.html?_fsub=381344519&_sid=304381499&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

They were even able to modify a foot to make me a zipper foot for my 1918 model 16-88 (not 16-188) They can get all kinds of parts for these... I got spare bobbin, and spare shuttle and race.

Have fun... I love it when folks bring these old machines back to life.

Hi Vmaniqui.

Sharp Sewing has parts for those. You can also get the leather belts on Ebay. But I just measured the width of the pulley grooves and the length needed by using a string. Then I went to an auto store for a rubber belt. This limits you a bit because the rubber belt isn't as flexible. But it works and you don't here the Tick Tick Tick of the leather belt's staple.

Here's Sharp Sewings Ebay store. http://stores.ebay.c...d=p4634.c0.m322

They were even able to modify a foot to make me a zipper foot for my 1918 model 16-88 (not 16-188) They can get all kinds of parts for these... I got spare bobbin, and spare shuttle and race.

Have fun... I love it when folks bring these old machines back to life.

Thanks for the info. appreciate it. i will contact them.

Thanks for the info. appreciate it. i will contact them.

You are welcome: They are really nice folks and will take good care of you. Let me know if you need further help. I am not an expert at sewing machines but you never know... I might be able to help. Which reminds me... get some spool socks (ladies nylon knee highs will work.) I found that the spools of thread will catch and spin on the thread holders and wind the thread around the spindle causing it to create additional tension.... which in my case drove me bonkers trying to figure out the tension problem. I now use spool socks on my Artisan 3000 too. :-)