carr52

update on leaky roof destoryed work area

Well I haven't posted anything in quite awhile. The reason being is I didn't have a work space. I'm slowly getting it all back together again. I had a tree limb fall on the house and poke a small hole in the shingles. It didn't show up on the inside so I didn't know I had a leak. Until it all came running in around the window. By that time it had been leaking for at least a year. Rotted out the roof, then run down inside the wall and rotted that out. There was no sign what so ever it was leaking. The insurance company said I should have fixed it when it first happened. Well heck I didn't know it was there. I was only a hole about the size of a penny and it didnt leak into the house. Just down the wall and out the bottom. Bummer. I guess I wasn't in good hands after all. The pictures suck but not as much as the couple of grand I had to spend.

Tom

IMG_0003__4_.JPGIMG_0009__2_.JPG

post-6291-1224599798_thumb.jpg

post-6291-1224599869_thumb.jpg

Our hearts all go out to ya Tom!!

Dealing with that kinda crap is never fun.

Will

But to look at the bright side. When it's all said and done I'll have a nice new work/ play area. So there is a silver lining to this cloud.

Tom

Hey, if you needed an excuse a reason to add a bay window.....

But to look at the bright side. When it's all said and done I'll have a nice new work/ play area. So there is a silver lining to this cloud.

Tom

my kinda think tom!!

darryl

Perfect chance to expand, update and remodel the shop...hehehe

Will

Perfect chance to expand, update and remodel the shop...hehehe

Will

Yep, my thoughts exactly. Gonna make the bench 3 feet longer and also got alot of the junk cleared out. While I was at it I tore out the closet too. Now I have a 10 x 12 work space. With a nice new window. I'll try and post a couple of pics of it later.

Tom

Well I have a little more of the new work area done. I now have a 7 foot bench. YEE HAW!! Did I mention the new floor and wall panneling? Well i got that too. Now I need to start organizing everything.

Tom

IMG_0002.JPGIMG_0004.JPG

post-6291-1224808594_thumb.jpg

post-6291-1224808654_thumb.jpg

Well I haven't even got the costruction trash cleaned up from the last roof leak repair and a new storm hits. Bummer. Not sure if the roof is damaged or not. It sure sounded like something hit it a few times.

Tom

IMG_0002__6_.JPG

post-6291-1224949095_thumb.jpg

I hope everything is ok Tom. We had high winds and a rotten pine tree fell on our house. Just slight damage to shingles and roof vent. It totaled out above ground pool though. I don't mind since we haven't used it in years. Since the boys got older they're gone all the time and when it's pretty enough to swim we're usually riding.

Art

Boy it sure feels good to have my little work/play area back again. Most of it anyways. HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY. Oh yeah and my new leg brace came in today so it wont be long I'll be stalking the aisles of the Food Lion grocery.

Tom