Sign in to follow this  
bjbwt2

First Holster: IWB tuckable

Here is my first holster, an IWB tuckable. Definitely learned a lot and enjoyed myself. Thanks to all on this site... I've been lurking in the shadows, listening to conversations.... and it really helped while making this.

I feel it isn't quite deep enough, it covers the trigger... but could be deeper.

I thought placing the clip away from the gun would provide some rotational stability, meaning keep the handle close to my side, it really does, but could have been a bit closer to the gun.

Other than that, I'm happy with it. It conceals well and is comfortable. Feel free to critique and give honest feedback.

Negative feedback appreciated as much as positive!

brady b.

IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1029.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

IMG_1023.jpg

post-6256-1209437067_thumb.jpg

post-6256-1209437085_thumb.jpg

post-6256-1209437096_thumb.jpg

post-6256-1209437115_thumb.jpg

post-6256-1209437127_thumb.jpg

Nice job on your stitching and molding. The only thing I'd add is an additional 'ear' with a another clip. The clip will help stabilize the holster, and the addition of the 'ear' will help flatten the profile of your pants. Also, my personal preference is to have a little bit of a cant to the holster, as it allows a full grip and indexing on the trigger (guard), while allowing you to cover more of the pistol. Another way to look at it is that you can have the pistol deeper in the holster while still keeping the grip high. Very nice job, and I hope to see more of your work.

Edited by TwinOaks

Did good on your first holster :) The stitching looks pretty even as well. I echo TwinOaks' sentiments about adding another ear to clip to for stability. Another idea that will clean up further would be to even the edges of the leather, maybe with a dremel, then burnish them to seal them up. That'll keep fibers from fraying.

Look forward to further holsters!

Like others have said the clip is so far out that the gun will not be stable. You can add a second clip on the front and turn it into a pancake style. Another option is move the clip closer to the center of the weight of the gun like over the trigger area. The holster is well constructed and looks good.