It wasn't the best piece of leather but it will do. Still have some background work to do and decide on the colors for the rest of it but I leaning towards green. LOL. I think the border is kinda bland so I might do something to that also. As for attaching it to the bag, well I still haven't figured that one out yet. I'm sorta doing this one thought/idea at a time. Not thinking too far ahead.

Tom

IMG_0007.JPG IMG_0006.JPG IMG_0003.JPG

post-6291-1237291166_thumb.jpg

post-6291-1237291209_thumb.jpg

post-6291-1237291259_thumb.jpg

Love the pattern! If you'd care to share it, please pm me a scan....

It's on it's way. I'm also going to post it here just in case I goofed up the PM attachment to you.

Tom

celtic_bag_design.pdf

celtic_bag_design.pdf

This is an idea I had for the straps and fastening the flap to the bag. I was going to sew the flap to the bag then got the bright idea to let the straps hold it, so I'll attach the straps to the back with Conchos or Chicago screws. I like the way the 2 straps come down into one. I really want the flap to be green but am having a hard time getting the color right without streaks. Any ideas?

Tom

IMG_0008.JPGIMG_0009.JPG

post-6291-1237398978_thumb.jpg

post-6291-1237399062_thumb.jpg

Still not quite finished yet. I think if I do another one like this I need to find a better way to form the strap. I don't like the way it came out. Maybe I tried to force it too much when I was forming it. The flap is held on by the strap. I guess I should have taken a pic of the back. It closes with a snap under the cross concho.

Tom

IMG_0002.JPGIMG_0003.JPG

post-6291-1237903765_thumb.jpg

post-6291-1237903797_thumb.jpg

That was quite a leathery adventure you had there, Tom. The strap design is very interesting and the way you have linked everything together is very cool. The only question is about the strap edges - what have you done there as they don't seem quite as well finished as the rest of the job. This may of course just be my squinty eyes!

That was quite a leathery adventure you had there, Tom. The strap design is very interesting and the way you have linked everything together is very cool. The only question is about the strap edges - what have you done there as they don't seem quite as well finished as the rest of the job. This may of course just be my squinty eyes!

You are correct in that thought Ray. I tried using bees wax instead of gum trag. I'm gonna take it apart and see if I cant clean it up some more. If you think it looks bad in the photos you should see it in real life. Looks like crap. I don't think I would even give this bag away.

om