Glock21

Wil This Machine Work?

This machine will not work very well for holster work, not saying you cannot sew light weight hoslsters but a cyclender arm maching will work better like the cobra class 4. The flatbed maching would be better for chaps, belts and such work.

You really need the Cobra class 3 or 4. Cylinder arm is much better for holsters, the flat bed just gets in the way. Also, 277 and 346 threads are not possible with the class 18. I have made a holster for my cell phone out of 9oz on my 18, I would say that is getting up to the max (without adjustment) on the 18, worked fine though, it is a great machine. On a lot of holsters, sewing up next to something like the pouch is a lot easier on a Class 3 or 4 with a single foot and the pouch hanging over the end of the cylinder arm.

Art

http://www.leathermachineco.com/catalog.php?item=5

Cobra Class 18

Will it work for making holsters of 6/7 or 7/8 oz. It says in the page it will sew up to 7/16 of an inch? What say you all? will it work?

Just used my Cobra class 3 on a holster - first one I have ever not hand sewn. The trick is in using one foot (needle closer to exposed on one side of the stitch line) and in planning out the order of sewing assembly. That, and having things glued up correctly in advance of stitching :)

My Cobra did a great job - heck of a lot better looking than some of the mass produced stuff I see advertised - on two layers of 8-9 horsehide. I see more machine sewing in my future!

Once you go Maroon, you won't be singing that hand stitching tune.

Oh gawd, did I just say that?

Art

Just used my Cobra class 3 on a holster - first one I have ever not hand sewn. The trick is in using one foot (needle closer to exposed on one side of the stitch line) and in planning out the order of sewing assembly. That, and having things glued up correctly in advance of stitching :)

My Cobra did a great job - heck of a lot better looking than some of the mass produced stuff I see advertised - on two layers of 8-9 horsehide. I see more machine sewing in my future!

Art,

Yes you did, but I'm worried that Cobra Steve might use it as an advertising slogan...

Mike