camano ridge

Show Us How You Store Your Blue/dummy/ Holster Mold Guns

I have come to the conclusion that I have a massed a sizable arsenal of dummy guns. They no longer fit in the two drawers that I had for them and even in the drawers you have to dig through the ones there trying to find the one you want that is usually at the bottom. I have a GP100 lost in the shop somwhere and several others laying here and there. Looking to see what inovative ways you are storing your blue guns, dummy guns or what ever you want to call them. Show pics if you have them.

Actually, I have a piece of plywood I've been meaning to put some brad nails in to hang these things. Meaning to - as in haven't as yet :)

I got some on the bottom shelf, which is officially where they would "belong". And some on the dye / finish shelf because they needed to move for a minute when I wanted to cut up that side. And a few on the desk because I've been re-working some patterns. And two on the table next to the bench, since those patterns have been re-worked and I want to test them in cut leather (theoretically soon-ish).

Yeah, it's that bad.

Speaking of blue guns, I have a Ruger P89 and a S&W/M&P I would like to trade/sell. I know there is a classified section but where would I list them? How about trading me a full size 1911 for both and a $20.00 bill?

Red, I already have both of those. Usually the Blue guns, dummy guns etc are listed under miscellaneous

Edited by camano ridge

Thanks.

Some of mine hang from nails, also about 6 in a drawer on my desk, one or two on top of said desk, possibly even one on each sewing machine table as well.......but they all belong on nails in floor joists of the basement shop.....ah organization at its best, ha!

I have a large pegboard with the long straight hooks. Each hook will hold three or four guns. It works pretty well for me.

Ouch!!! Rob, that would get me a blue gun plus a Coke. Nails and pegboard for me.

Problem with peg board and nails you need a wall mine are taken up by cabinets. Rob I have seen those before and they are nice problem is at 8 guns per rack and I have about 120 dummy/blue guns I could almost buy a kimber solo for that price :)

120? Holy.......

Mine are haphazardly thrown into a couple of plastic storage boxes or scattered around the house. I have been looking for a used blueprint file cabinet to try to organize them a little better. The cabinets are 3 or 4 feet wide and usually contain 5 flat drawers about 2" tall. The sections are stackable. Problem is that so far all of the used ones I have found have been out of my price range. The affordable ones are either sold first or too far away.

Small metal rack and either dollar store plastic bins or old boxes cut down. I keep like guns together, i.e. G17, G19, and G26. Also keep any laser molds or accessories in there. Used to keep the sight channel posts in there too. Since I do kydex I keep my extra kydex molds with them. If I pre make any holsters they go there too. I've ended up with so many that I've run out of space and moved my less popular models into a large drawer.

In a clear tub, . . . under my desk, . . . the only "organizational" part of my process, . . . it ALWAYS goes back in the tub as soon as the molding is done.

Not a perfect system , . . . but it works for me.

May God bless,

Dwight

I Made two of these for Moldgun storage.Each one has two layers,Each layer holds 14-18 molds

post-49696-0-00678100-1413302220_thumb.j

Edited by Frankqv

Frankqv, I like it.

I only have a few a must pull double duty. They are used to protect the one or two holsters that I don't use tennis balls in like the 1911 goes in my wild bunch holster, I just throw the SAA in a calvary rig. My XD is thrown in my tool bag. Mt Taurus 24/7 is also thrown in a bag with the tools. But if I had many like some of you I hear complaining about having so many that you have to dig for the correct one I got a solution. Make several frames of peg board hinge them so they can lay flat against the wall. Then you open it and can flip thru it like a book. The organize you blue guns on it. Then outline the gun and Lables what goes there. That way you have room for more blue guns every blue gun has a spot on the board. You can have one side glock the next could be /S&W revolvers then facing that the s&w autos, etc

Frankqv, I like it.

Simple to do

Just cut slots in 1x6 Pt with 12" cutoff saw,1.5 " apart. Dividers are scrap PVC siding. 6" tall( inside) as wide as you want. On the ends I cut slots 3/4 in apart to accommodate big guns,45's,Blackhawks ect