This is a combination sheath we came up with for a bush knife, bill hook and fire steel that we were asked to do. Just out of interest has anyone else made something similar?

post-54448-0-53175000-1438116678_thumb.j

very nice, must have some weight to it tho

Cool! I love the celtic dragon.

Very nice. What is the, I am assuming its a pull tab, for next to the top knife?

So beautiful. I love the natural veg tan color. That will patina wonderfully.

Your sheath looks great, the dragon is a nice touch. I haven't made one yet but I have a friend I'm restoring an old Schrade hunting knife for. He's had the knife since he was a kid and the blade survived a house fire. Needs a new handle and to be re heat treated. He commented while he was checking out the new handle that he was interested in a forest axe/knife sheath combination so I'll be trying one of those in the near future. I have a small 2 1/2lb Pexto axe head that I'll have to make a handle for and straighten the bit on but I think when it's done I should be a pretty cool set. Hickory on the axe and black walnut on the knife with maybe a saddle tan dye on the leather. Or maybe Ox blood, who knows. That project is going to take a while.

Stu

Thank you very much for the kind words. yes - the pull tab is to enable a release of the poppers on the bill hook - especially helpful if you have cold fingers. What isn't shown is the small wedge just above the steel - which was a slight last minute mod to stop the fire steel falling out after repeated use. Sometimes it's the small details that make the item. :) This was made for a dedicated camper who goes out in all weather. :)