HarryB

Shop Photos

Here's a couple photos of my shop. Let's see more!

Shop01.jpgShop02.jpgShop03.jpgShop04.jpgShop08.jpg

Shop07.jpgShop07.jpgShop01.jpgShop02.jpgShop03.jpg

Shop04.jpgShop07.jpgShop08.jpgShop07.jpg

Edited by Johanna
deleted pic by request

I GIVE UP ON PHOTOS!!!

I feel so inferior now, HOLY MOSES all the tools

Don't worry. You'll have a good collection after a while. Why do you think we do leather work? TO BUY MORE TOOLS!

Don't worry. You'll have a good collection after a while. Why do you think we do leather work? TO BUY MORE TOOLS!

It's not just the tools though - you are so FREAKING ORGANIZED! I usually have to spend an hour or two cleaning my desk before I can find all my tools! :lol:

Great looking shop, and yes, well organized.

Can I live with you... In your shop .....??

:evillaugh:

A clean and well organized shop, Harry !

Here are some pics from my shop in Sweden. The shop is not cleaned up before shooting the pics so it is a war zone, sorry for the mess, but I blame on work! One of the signs says: "I know, it looks terrible in here" ! The knives are held to the bench by a magnetic bar.

Verkstan_utifr_n.JPG

B_nken_1.JPG

B_nken_3.JPG

Toolingbordet.JPG

In_God_we_trust.JPG

P1010206.JPG

post-5173-1234009740_thumb.jpg

post-5173-1234009757_thumb.jpg

post-5173-1234009783_thumb.jpg

post-5173-1234009802_thumb.jpg

post-5173-1234009823_thumb.jpg

post-5173-1234009971_thumb.jpg

Edited by oldtimer

HarryB: Beautiful workspace. Man, my little corner looks like.....well not as good. Question: I saw that you have something holding 3 swivel knifes on your table top. What is that a 3 way holster? Could we see a bigger picture? Appreciate it.

Oldtimer: Very nice little work shop! SWWWWWEEEEETT! Thanks for sharing.

Greetings from Round Rock, Texas, USA

~ Remember: Stop & Strop! ~

oldtimer, that pic of the shop from the outside...thats my dream shop right there with that rustic flair!!...when i've imagined building one, yours comes damn close to my vision...only difference would be a wood shake roof maybe ;0)

darryl

Hi Sodapop.

I bought this house many years ago, tore it apart log by log , and had it transported to my place. It is more than 100 years old and made by hand with an axe. I made concrete pillars as a foundation and put it together log by log ( "house moss" between the logs, old fashion way, which makes the moisture in the logs to travel, and preserve the timber for another 100 years). It rains and snows in Sweden so you can´t live without a tin roof, at least not for the next 100 years!

The plan was to make a guest house, but the kids moved out, no need for a guest house, and I moved my saddlery shop from the basement in my house to the log house. I have 5" of insulation inside the timber walls and full height inside. A good place to spend quality time making old timey saddles wit a Sam Stagg rigging!! :whatdoyouthink:

Edited by oldtimer

A clean and well organized shop, Harry !

Here are some pics from my shop in Sweden. The shop is not cleaned up before shooting the pics so it is a war zone, sorry for the mess, but I blame on work! One of the signs says: "I know, it looks terrible in here" ! The knives are held to the bench by a magnetic bar.

Very nice looking joint there, oldtimer. It's nice to have a dedicated place to do your work. Harry B

HarryB: Beautiful workspace. Man, my little corner looks like.....well not as good. Question: I saw that you have something holding 3 swivel knifes on your table top. What is that a 3 way holster? Could we see a bigger picture? Appreciate it.

Oldtimer: Very nice little work shop! SWWWWWEEEEETT! Thanks for sharing.

Greetings from Round Rock, Texas, USA

~ Remember: Stop & Strop! ~

Thanks to all for the nice comments. ATX, the knife holder started out to be another stamping tool holder like the other ones on the desk except with loops to hold my swivel knives. But, I found that the stamps rubbed against the swivel knife yolks so I just eliminated the stamps. Could be used a a drink holder instead, I guess. I could take a sip and still have my swivel knives handy! :Lighten:

I can only dream of being that organized!

Appreciate it the reply.

Greetings from Round Rock, Texas

A clean and well organized shop, Harry !Here are some pics from my shop in Sweden. The shop is not cleaned up before shooting the pics so it is a war zone, sorry for the mess, but I blame on work! One of the signs says: "I know, it looks terrible in here" ! The knives are held to the bench by a magnetic bar.
Now that's what I call the ultimate man cave.
Here's a couple photos of my shop. Let's see more!

Very very cool idea for your layout table, on wheels with a fold down side. Thanks for sharing.

Wonderful shops!! I really like the way you've organized them.

Art

Thank´s for your kind comments!

My shop after this weekends snowfall. Yesterday I gave up the leatherwork and became a full time snow shoveler. :begging: let it be summer soon!

vinterverkstad.JPG

post-5173-1234253473_thumb.jpg

Oldtimer

We here in the mid west of the USA dare I say feel your pain let me tell a story, Christmas morning I wake up grab a sticky bun and hot cocoa and throw on my robe walk to the window and wow 4feet of snow and drifts that would make you cry the kids say cool snowed in on Christmas well I called my buddies and they brought a backhoe and I was shoveling out window wells let me say this the drive way is 120 yards long so from 10 to 9 all day long we cleared the snow and and then had to go the long way out with the backhoe , Christmas dinner well

Short and time for bed and work the next day.

So I feel your pain

PS amazing shop you guys have thanks for posting.

Oldtimer great saddle fantastic work

Josh

Edited by jbird

I can only dream of a shop like the two of you have. I have a small corner. And the tools. Wow. A leather workers heaven.

I was also wondering about the item holding your swivel knives.

I make various holders for my stamps by cutting a circle out of 3/4" wood (for weight), wrapping a piece of leather around it approx. 4 - 4 1/2" tall and sewing or lacing it up the seam. It kinda looks like a leather koozie when I'm done. I separate my tools into different holders and it makes it easier to move several of them around my desk than just one large tool rack.

Thanks Harry. I like the holders. Will have to work on a couple for myself. Neat idea.