maui paniolo

Back Braiding

I'm making a swivel honda, and I have braided 4 strands down a core an want to end and back braid it, but I cant get it to work right. Does someone have a road map?

Thanks Tony

Not sure I understand the question. Are you saying you have braided the loop portion 4 strand and now need to join the ends for the rope to go through? What I do is take the 8 strands and start like a doing a multi strand nose button. Maybe a quick picture of where you are stuck.

Here is a pic of the neck on a swivelled San Juan which is close to the same deal.

5394355359_0e0c5d1e11_b.jpg

sanjuanswivel_neck started by ss1442, on Flickr

It may be some time before I can get a pic posted, but its the folded honda that Rawhider did. He said braid down the rope and then back braid depending on which way you do it, it will be a pineapple or a goucho. I just end up with a mess. I m not sure if at the turn around it is O1 U1,or O2U1 or U2 O1....

Thanks for the help Megabit

Ok, now I understand and that would be basically the same as what I showed. You want o1u1 going down then you turn back the stings going one way to make pairs, then turn back the other to split them. Glad you got it figured out.