Sign in to follow this  
Sixer

A Recent Holster W/ Inlay... A Bit Different

Ostrich inlay with matching ostrich belt loops. Red base color, airbrushed with black dye. Really enjoyed working on this one!

The color combo is a little wild and not really my cup of tea, but the customer asked me to try and match the grips somewhat. I came fairly close but it's almost impossible to get a perfect match with dye.

The belt loops might be my favorite part of this holster. They are 4-5oz leather with ostrich sewn on. I know it doesn't sound very sturdy with such light leather... but that ostrich makes all the difference. That skin is TOUGH.

Anyhow, just wanted to share this one. Feedback is welcome ;)

post-13450-051063900 1323290990_thumb.jp

WOW, That to me is a beautiful holster. I am always amazed at the quality work the folks on this forum can do. If I were the customer I would be very pleased with how you matched things up.

I second what abram said that is way cool!

WOW, That to me is a beautiful holster. I am always amazed at the quality work the folks on this forum can do. If I were the customer I would be very pleased with how you matched things up.

Thanks guys! The customer was very pleased with how it turned out. He gave me quite a bit of creative freedom, which was nice. I wasn't to sure how the colors would turn out after wet molding, but luckily it came together nicely IMHO!

It's definitely easier to put two pieces of leather together and turn it into a holster, but projects like these (when they turn out OK) are a bit more rewarding in the end ;)