Dwight

Just In Case You're Having A Bad Day

Just in case you are haveing a bad day, . . . take heart, . . . it could be worse.

Customer came in today, . . . we chatted, . . . he ordered, . . . left, . . . I started.

I had 2 belts, 2 holsters, and one mag holder to make.

I made the right hand holster for a lefty, . . . the left hand holster for a right hand, . . . the mag carrier should be for a lefty, . . . yep, reversed it too.

I'm anxiously awaiting the belts, . . .

Said to heck with it all, . . . got a piece of strawberry rhubarb cobbler, . . . cup of coffee, . . . kicked back, . . . tomorrow is another day.

May God bless,

Dwight

I've had those days...get a good night's sleep!

Yep, me to! -- Tex

I hear ya!

I have 3 partial holsters cut out in a drawer in the garage. I'm waiting on an order from a lefty, or time to make them and post them for sale on a local board. GRRRR!!! I even put notes on my patterns. Apparently I don't read them.

And I thought I was all alone...

You are not alone.

I usually go in the house and have something to eat and come here to the forum.

Or I just sit at my desk and take a nap in my desk chair.

Some times I just take a drive into town and get an ice cream, or shake and sit and watch the people go by.

I would just go for a ride on my horse, but with a day like you just discribed, I might get the saddle on backwards. :)

Joel

Edited by GrampaJoel

I walk away, grumbling probably. Go out into the yard and talk to my flowers and the birds. Works most of the time.

Just think of all the practice those provided you.

ferg

Trust me, it could get a lot worse....3 weeks ago, right as it was starting to get hot, ac and fridge go out, same day...a week later, my darling wife puts dawn in the dishwasher and walks out...i come home to a flooded kitchen that has worked its way through 3/4 inch bamboo flooring and leaking into the basement....one week later, hot water heater bursts and 50 gallons of water flood my basement, ruining an antique toy chest and a 6 year old berber carpet...all in all, about 14 thousand dollars worth of damage in 3 weeks...im working on a 14 thousand dollar holster at the moment if any of you guys have a customer with really deep pockets..lol...

After reading your post, I thought to myself...whewwww that's a day to forget.

Then I returned to the shop after two weeks on vacation with the grandchildren and put in a couple of hard days at the bench.

Third day back I realized I'de done a whole bunch of things either ass backwards or those that would cause a problem in the future and a poly reinforced dual layer belt that somehow ended up 3/4" short.

Needless to say I ended up remaking three holsters, two mag carriers and belt. Now I'm working the weekend just to get back on schedule.

I really hate brain-farts, especially those induced by brain beans that seem to go on forever just continually going off without notice.

Just read the post and all I want to know is where can you get the strawberry rhubarb cobbler from?? I moved to the south from upstate New York more than 35 yrs ago and now living in Texas haven't even seen rhubarb. We used to have several patches growing in our backyard when I was a kid, I actually think some were wild. Nothing better than cutting of a ripe piece and chewing on it for a while. Actually thinking about it I might rather have a strawberry rhubarb pie!! with a scoop of homemade vanilla ice cream !

Just read the post and all I want to know is where can you get the strawberry rhubarb cobbler from?? I moved to the south from upstate New York more than 35 yrs ago and now living in Texas haven't even seen rhubarb. We used to have several patches growing in our backyard when I was a kid, I actually think some were wild. Nothing better than cutting of a ripe piece and chewing on it for a while. Actually thinking about it I might rather have a strawberry rhubarb pie!! with a scoop of homemade vanilla ice cream !

Not just for Ed in Tx, . . . and I know this is a leather forum, . . . but this is THE best cobbler recipe I ever had, . . . and it's "fallin' off the bridge" easy:

2 cups fruit (any kind you like, . . . in this case, 1 each of cut up strawberries, and cut up rhubarb

1/2 cup of sugar

1 cup of milk

1 cup self rising flour

1 cup of sugar

1 stick of butter (I've not tried it with margarine, . . . might work)

1 tablespoon of butter

Preheat oven to 350

Melt stick of butter in 8 x 8 glass baking dish, a deep one

Put fruit in small bowl, add the 1/2 cup of sugar and the 1 tablespoon of butter, heat in microwave for 1 full minute

Mix together 1 cup self rising flour, 1 cup of sugar until blended

Add to that mixture, 1 cup of milk and blend fairly smooth

Take baking dish & butter (melted by now) out of the oven and pour the batter into the butter, . . . DO NOT STIR OR MIX

Pour fruit into batter & butter in the baking dish, . . . DO NOT STIR OR MIX

Sprinkle a tablespoon of sugar over the top, pop into the oven at 350 for 55 or so minutes, . . . or until golden.

Cool, . . . add ice cream, . . . eat.

ENJOY, ..........

May God bless,

Dwight

Edited by Dwight

Dwight.. Thank you for the recipe... Now I just have to find the rhubarb.. I haven't seen it in any grocery stores around here but will have to look again now that I have the recipe!

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha, Thats a good one. Did you know you really can build a holster upside down and backwards? It looked great on the bench. When I tried to put it on to test it. I found out that you can't put it on no how. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha. The only thing that I did right was the molding---I think---Better check. Ha Ha Ha Ha. Thanks for the recipe Dwight. If i can get my wife to stop laughing maybe i can get her to bake one for me. Ha Ha Ha Ha.

Jim