CitizenKate

WHEW - Just missed me!

I was very fortunate, last night... my house was right in the path of this tornado that hit here last night, give or take a block or two, but fortunately, it lifted back off the ground just before it got to my neighborhood. I could still hear it though...

http://news.themercury.com/2008/06/Tornado/

Kate

Kate- I feel for your neighbors as they try to recover and rebuild. I'm glad you made it through safely. (((hug)))

Johanna

I was thinking about you today when I heard about the tornados in KS. I'm really glad you are ok!

Someone I work with lost his house in this storm; he was in the house with his wife and a very young child. Amazingly, there were no injuries, and everyone is okay. But they spent the day in shock.

We have a running joke in Kansas that when there is a tornado warning, everyone goes outside to see if they can get an eyeball, or even a camcorder, on the funnel. It's the "Kansas Way". But that is only true during the daytime. During the nighttime, nobody can see anything, so most people are more inclined to take shelter. This storm hit when it was dark, so I think we can give a little credit to the fact it came after dark.

Kate

Glad you are alright.

My brother in law rode a tornado back in 1992 or so..... Him and his dog were in their trailer and he was coming out of the bathroom, and saw the back door buckle in towards him, and the next thing he saw was the ceiling coming right at him (whether it was coming at him or him at it he doesnt know) and then waking up about 200 yards away from where he was standing inside the trailer with a floor model tool box loaded with tools sitting on top of him. His dog, Dipstick, came walking out of the woods about 500 yards from where the trailer was a while later.... My BIL has walked around with a steel rod in his leg since.... Thats it....

And to kick it.... He moved here from Tornado Ally..... Never got hit there, but the year he moved here....

Glad to hear you made thru safely! Those times can be very scary... I know what it's likebecause I was caught in Hurricane Charlie (Port Charlotte, FL) in 2004... it was a Category 4 storm .....

Troy

Glad to hear you came through unharmed.

Grandma and Grandpa lost their house to a tornado years ago. Grandma was in the cellar getting some peaches when a tornado just dropped onto their house. Grandpa dove under the kitchen table because there was no warning at all. When it was over, the only things left was the stairwell and the kitchen table. Everything else they owned hand been sucked up in the funnel, and was found miles away. Grandma was fine, and Grandpa just had a few cuts from flying glass, but was otherwise okay. I think the man upstairs was watching out for them.

Glad to hear that you're okay, Kate.

Kate,

Glad all is well but, I'll bet it was frightening for a moment.

From hurricane land,

Regis

Edited by Regis

Wow! Someone was looking after you! My cousin was way too close to being blown away in Windsor, Colorado, too. I think I'll stick with my snow.

Kathy