Sign in to follow this  
clc

Frog-How To?

Hi, been lurking a long time and learn a lot from you guys. I have a problem, how to attach a frog after sewing up the sheath. Just want a band around the top to hold a concho.

Here is a pic of what I have so far. Any ideas on how to secure the strip of leather to the sheath?

first pic is what I have to put on the sheath. The second pic is the how I want it on the sheath and a pic of the back.

Thanks in advance, Charlie

DSC00087.JPG

DSC00086.JPG

DSC00088.JPG

post-7297-127067662538_thumb.jpg

post-7297-12706767179_thumb.jpg

post-7297-127067673377_thumb.jpg

Attaching at this point may prove difficult to make look good. When I design a sheath with a frog, I typically attach the frog to the beltloop, and make it a seperate piece.Since there is no strength inlvolved in using the piece to display a concho, you might get away with with simply gluing it to the belt loop and putting in a couple of small tacks into the welt from the back.I have seen this done and it looked pretty good.Another trickI use is to notch the edge the thickness of the collar and wet form it around the main body,tis makes for a much slimmer look.Dave

Attaching at this point may prove difficult to make look good. When I design a sheath with a frog, I typically attach the frog to the beltloop, and make it a seperate piece.Since there is no strength inlvolved in using the piece to display a concho, you might get away with with simply gluing it to the belt loop and putting in a couple of small tacks into the welt from the back.I have seen this done and it looked pretty good.Another trickI use is to notch the edge the thickness of the collar and wet form it around the main body,tis makes for a much slimmer look.Dave

Dave, I'll give the glue and tacks a try. And also may try the notch tip. Thanks for the tips, I appreciate them . Charlie