equiss

Wanted: Round Face Clock Tooling Pattern

hello all - I can't draw sheridan to save my life - have been practicing, but am a long ways off being able to actually use anything I draw, but I am wanting to make a clock as well as a seat topper so could use the pattern for the same two items, but does anyone have a sheridan or other tooling pattern that they would be willing to share with me? My requirements are only that it is for a round clock. I was looking for something approximately 10" in diameter, but I can probably enlarge or shrink to make it approximately that size on my own. If anyone has anything they could share, I would sure appreciate it. My dad wants a clock for his birthday, and it is going to take several tooling tries to get it to look decent, but first I have to find a pattern!

Charlene Stovin

Sorry, the only one I have is Celtic, not Sheridan.

These guys might have something you can use?

http://proleathercarvers.com/patterns.html?cat=63&dir=asc&order=price

Natalie

thanks Natalie, will check it out - Celtic...that would be interesting....have never done that before.

hello all - I can't draw sheridan to save my life - have been practicing, but am a long ways off being able to actually use anything I draw, but I am wanting to make a clock as well as a seat topper so could use the pattern for the same two items, but does anyone have a sheridan or other tooling pattern that they would be willing to share with me? My requirements are only that it is for a round clock. I was looking for something approximately 10" in diameter, but I can probably enlarge or shrink to make it approximately that size on my own. If anyone has anything they could share, I would sure appreciate it. My dad wants a clock for his birthday, and it is going to take several tooling tries to get it to look decent, but first I have to find a pattern!

Charlene Stovin

hello charlene maybe i can help you out if you dont need this real soon if you will take a piece of poster board and draw the outside borders and the center of your clock i would draw you a pattern for your clock since it is for your dad's b day if you want to look at some of my work feel free to look at my gallery. i am also going to post a couple drawings that i did just playing around hope this helps john

I work at a college, its school holidays so nice and quiet with the teachers and students away :-)

anyways... I eat my lunch in the library kitchen area, so when I am by myself I tend to peruse the books.

I was looking at a medievil artwork book yesterday and a little light went off in my head! Sheridan style must have originated from medievil style artwork, as many many of the swirls and floral patterns have the same base.

if you google medievil artwork images, you may find something there that you can swap over to carve (no copywrite issues with something that old!)

Natalie

hello charlene maybe i can help you out if you dont need this real soon if you will take a piece of poster board and draw the outside borders and the center of your clock i would draw you a pattern for your clock since it is for your dad's b day if you want to look at some of my work feel free to look at my gallery. i am also going to post a couple drawings that i did just playing around hope this helps john

Hi John, not in too large of a hurry. I am thinking about 10" in diameter, my husband can make the wood piece it will be glued on. then about 1/2 " in, a double line (two lines 1/8" apart), then maybe a circle of flowers then basket for the middle.....I can draw out the circles, but that is about it unfortunately. Thank you for offering to help, every time I need a pattern, I have to plead for someone to draw one, granted this one is for something special...but I don't want to put any numbers on it (clock numbers), but an art piece - he can tell the time by looking at it :0)

Thanks John, will draw something up tomorrow, you do beautiful work. I have all the books, including the drawing for the artistically impaired...I just can't get it all togethter- I am making some progress, but the rate I am going, I will be able to draw patterns when I am 90 (I am 40!)...

Charlene

Is this something like you are wanting?

Randy

post-62-039383000 1303034040_thumb.jpg

Thanks Randy - actually I am looking for something that resembles a bar seat or chair seat or something like that maybe more - no numbers. I wanted it more "art" looking - mostly tooling.....then the center hole for the clock motor and hands. So I was thinking about a 1/2" of untoooled leather border, then a double line border 1/8" apart, then a circle of sheridan flowers around (fairly large - not too compact because my tooling still needs work) but maybe 5 -7 flowers however they would fit around the circle - then just do the center basket weave or background texture or something like that.

I like your clock though - that is nice! Will post a picture this afternoon if I can figure out how to upload it...

Charlene

Hi John, not in too large of a hurry. I am thinking about 10" in diameter, my husband can make the wood piece it will be glued on. then about 1/2 " in, a double line (two lines 1/8" apart), then maybe a circle of flowers then basket for the middle.....I can draw out the circles, but that is about it unfortunately. Thank you for offering to help, every time I need a pattern, I have to plead for someone to draw one, granted this one is for something special...but I don't want to put any numbers on it (clock numbers), but an art piece - he can tell the time by looking at it :0)

Thanks John, will draw something up tomorrow, you do beautiful work. I have all the books, including the drawing for the artistically impaired...I just can't get it all togethter- I am making some progress, but the rate I am going, I will be able to draw patterns when I am 90 (I am 40!)...

Charlene

hello charlene, just take a piece of poster board and cut it to the exact size you want the clock face to be layout the outside borader ( usally 1/2 in in ) and draw your double border, then draw your circle in the middle if you have one, and send to me and i will draw the floral pattern around the edge and leave the center blank so you can basket weave it. hope this helps john. send pattern to john ivy 8732 north yale sperry okla 74073.

Hello - I know I am getting to this post a little late, so maybe you got your answer already...... This is a clock I made my sister for Christmas (my first one). I also had my husband cut, stain and router the wood for me, then used upholstery tacks to hold the leather on, which also double as the clock numbers. I still have this pattern that I can scan and send to you if you would like, just let me know.

Katie

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=34071

Also late to this party...but better late than never.

Would this be close to what you're looking for?

post-23621-0-80750800-1391717120_thumb.g

Edited by Branded Heron Leatherworks

On 4/14/2011 at 0:50 PM, wildrose said:

Sorry, the only one I have is Celtic, not Sheridan.

Wildrose I would love to get a copy of that pattern.