Sign in to follow this  
BBAYS

New To Holsters, First Try At A Few

post-8011-095448300 1294071145_thumb.jpgWell folks, here is my first try at a few different holsters. With these attempts probably 3 ended up in the trash. These are the ones I liked. I know Ive got a long way to go but would appreciate any feedback

All were made with 8 oz Herman Oak, hand stitched, and finished with super sheen.

From top left to right S+W J Frame Pancake, 3" 1911 Avenger Style, 92FS Pancake

From bottomeft to right S+W J Frame Pancke, Full Size 1911 Pancake, Full Size 1911 Pancake Style (not sure what to call it but it sure holds the gun tight to your hip.)

Thanks for looking

post-8011-095448300 1294071145_thumb.jpgWell folks, here is my first try at a few different holsters. With these attempts probably 3 ended up in the trash. These are the ones I liked. I know Ive got a long way to go but would appreciate any feedback

All were made with 8 oz Herman Oak, hand stitched, and finished with super sheen.

From top left to right S+W J Frame Pancake, 3" 1911 Avenger Style, 92FS Pancake

From bottomeft to right S+W J Frame Pancke, Full Size 1911 Pancake, Full Size 1911 Pancake Style (not sure what to call it but it sure holds the gun tight to your hip.)

Thanks for looking

Not bad. Not bad at all. Are you new to leatherworking, or just holsters?

I have built a couple of saddles. Just bought a couple of books and jumped in with both feet. No formal training. These are my first holsters

Hey good job. Nice lines. For belt slots, I wet the slots and then rub a little glycerine bar saddle soap. Then I burnish the slots with a deer antler. Slicks em up real good.

I have built a couple of saddles. Just bought a couple of books and jumped in with both feet. No formal training. These are my first holsters

I'd love for you to share how you get your stitch lines so tight to the gun. Its a battle I'm still fighting.