Sign in to follow this  
ArtS

New Halter / Bridle

I made a halter bridle for a birthday gift for my friend. Dang it, I forgot to take a picture of it until it was wrapped. So I took a couple of quick shots of it at their house after he opened it. Sorry for the quality of the pictures.

It looks better then it does in the pictures.

When I saw Pella's dressage bridle I got the idea for the raised nose band and brow band. Thanks Pella. It's not near as good as hers though but my first try at it. I really like the way it looks.

He loved it.

ArtS

That's lovely. It's very rich and substantial looking. Since I hope to get into tack repair some day, I hope you won't mind answering a few questions for me... What sort of machine do you use to do the stitching? What weight/type leather did you use?

P.S. Oh, yes, would you be MY friend, too? I have a handsome Belgian who needs a nice halter. :innocent:

I always can use another friend! Belgian! We'd need two hides to make one for him! LOL

Thanks. I own an Artisan 3000 and I love it. I used Wicket & Craig 2 1/2 oz leather but remember that doubled on most parts.

Art

That's lovely. It's very rich and substantial looking. Since I hope to get into tack repair some day, I hope you won't mind answering a few questions for me... What sort of machine do you use to do the stitching? What weight/type leather did you use?

P.S. Oh, yes, would you be MY friend, too? I have a handsome Belgian who needs a nice halter. :innocent:

I always can use another friend! Belgian! We'd need two hides to make one for him! LOL

Thanks. I own an Artisan 3000 and I love it. I used Wicket & Craig 2 1/2 oz leather but remember that doubled on most parts.

Art

Thanks for the info. I'll make a note of it for when I get around to trying a halter from scratch.

And Big Ben, my Belgian? Well he's not THAT big -- one and a half hides should do it. Now let's talk saddles... :)

Thx again and keep up the good work!