Sign in to follow this  
TwinOaks

Mid-holiday, life just went to hell, I'm going out of my mind, somebody shoot me rant.

Well, here's me griping, and there's nothing to do about it. Y'all don't even have to respond, as I'm just getting all this out before I snap a cord.

Wife got fired the weekend before Christmas, so my whole paycheck (minus about a hundred dollars to a bill collector) went to Christmas for the kids. Then today, the wife goes beserk and writes a check that will cause the check for the bill to bounce. I'm okay, so far, as I've got a spare $30 in my travel account (per diem, expenses, etc.) so I transfer some money to cover the check. Come this evening, her @^&*&%^$$*^%%$!^&* horse collics and she's gotta run to go see to it. I got a call a little after 8 PM, saying she's gotta call the vet. -long silence- When I tell her "we're broke, until the next check gets here", she launches into an explanation about post dated checks, etc., etc. The only problem is that the last time (last November) her other horse got sick, she wrote a postdated check that the SOB vet cashed two days before the paycheck was deposited. That minor incovenience only cost me about $500 to fix- penalties for NSF checks. So here I am with about $12 dollars in the joint account that isn't spoken for, $14 dollars in cash, a $25 dollar gift card for walmart, an unemployed crazy wife who lives in a dreamworld about the value of her horse with an overdue cell phone account that's about to be cut off , a sick horse that's supposedly worth a couple of grand in the show circuit but has to have $300 non-existant dollars worth of veterinary care, and one doozy of a headache starting up. I only say she's crazy because she probably wants to put vet care for a horse on a credit card..... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

And now the @^&@$%%&* laptop battery is blinking at me telling me to charge it!!!!!!

And now for the good news- I managed to get all four Christmas bracelets braided. woo. hoo.

For sale- One beat up old Ford F-150, includes electrician/amatuer leatherworker, various tools and accesories, some fly tying equipment and supplies, two fly rods, and a set of golf clubs. Gets good mileage. Will throw in spare tire for truck. Electrician/leatherworker has spare tire included.

Has anyone seen my Ibuprofen?

Thanks for reading my 'Christmas season gone beserk' / 'No, this is a Griswold Christmas' rant. Now go be thankful you aren't me, and have a Merry Christmas and a safe holiday week.

Edited by TwinOaks

I've seen the Griswold Christmas thing and it does make me laugh, so keep your sense of humour at least 'til next year!

Kind regards, Tony.

Dam i am glad i'm not you.......well you have put up with her this long......

would it help if i said....

"MERRY CHRISTMAS"... things will be better next year.

TW,

Just be glad for the wife you have,

I worked for an attorney and his wife received a notice that her account was overdrawn, so she wrote a check to the bank!

Ya gotta love em

Dave

Turn around you're facing the choir lol . I feel your pain brotha, let it out mang....let it out.

Ah, thank the Good Lord I've got a bunch of friends to cheer me up.

Just got the newest update: Horse is up and doing 'Okay'. NO VET!!!!!

It would appear that the cold snap has caused an unexpected follicle drop.........basically, she's Cramping!

Stupid horse.

I do feel a little less stress after watching the news, too. First three stories- man dies in trailer fire; travellers trapped in airports; apartment building burns, nine families left without homes.

:rolleyes2: Okay, I get it. It could be worse.

Go get some sleep y'all, tomorrow's another work day.

G'night

heya mike...should of seen me buggin out completely yesterday...i had finished this purse for the most part i'm workin on (christmas order)...and i grab the black fiebings dye, open it up carefully as i always do...and seen that the purse was to close for comfort...so i go to move it...and i still don't know how it happened...but a big ass black thumb print right on the front panel...

first it was like :jawdropper: & :head_hurts_kr: then there were alot of these " :censored2::ranting2::censored2::ranting2::censored2: "...well after stripping and refinishing the entire front piece...the sealer luckily saved it for the most part...just a tad of discolor from the black got through...so i rubbed some antique into the area and covered it up like one of those darker antique character spots, neva know...but i bout lost it on that and was ready to be admitted to the funny farm :crazy:

darryl

Edited by sodapop

Well, like you and almost everyone else, i'm broke too. I will say that a horse is about the only animal I would send to the vet. Just like the rest of us, all you can do is ride it out and take your lumps. I feel your pain, and sympathize.

Been there, done that.

Here's a true horse story: My sister was married to this guy whose family had a farm. She just couldn't live without getting a horse, so they did. One day, she left the barn door open and the horse got into the feed and ate as much as he could. Then, he went out and drank water. A very bad thing for a horse, and he swelled up like a balloon. My sister gets a call at the house that the horse is lying out in the pasture, dying. So she runs out of the house - leaving the Teflon coated frying pan on the stove - and jumps in the car. Backing out of the driveway, she runs over her cat. She gets to the horse, calls the vet, but it's too late and the horse croaks. She comes back home to discover that Teflon cooks into a gas that is extremely toxic to her parakeets. Yup, killed them too.

Now, her husband comes home to discover this mess, and because this isn't the first time stuff like this has happened, he refuses to take care of the dead horse or to bury any of the other dead animals. Several days go by with her trying to figure out what to do before a couple neighbors take pity and haul it off for her.

If I had a dollar for every time I've had to explain the concept of "we have no money, therefore you can't spend any", I'd be rich enough I wouldn't have to say it again.

One insane day at a time, amigo.

Ah it's not that bad. She didn't charge a new saddle for the horse! And you haven't gotten your IRS Tax Lien yet. Life is good!

Now about those tools you need to sell at a drastically reduced fire sale price...

:devil::devil::devil: