joshua3

Seiwa Vs. Craft-Sha Stitching Chisel

Hi,

I have read the great pricking irons reviews, many thanks for all information you provided Nige ! :notworthy:

I decided to give a try and order either Seiwa or Craft Sha stitching chisel and try it.

I have a couple products from goodsjapan and I must say I'm quite satisfied with them.

I'd like to hear your opinion which one brand to choose.

Best regards, J.

I have a Craft Sha set, and have been very happy with it. That being said, Nigel seemed to be of the view that Seiwa had an edge in quality and I'd trust his judgement. I don't think you would be unhappy with either brand, but I might suggest Seiwa.

I have both and prefer the Seiwa Chisels.

Both benefit from a little polish though, they pull out so much easier.

On a side note I have the pro line set too and I'm pretty impressed. They come with a rough surface on the prongs but an hour with a file, sand paper and polishing soap and they do a pretty good job and not just for the price.... Also worth noting the steel is hard enough to ruin my needle files.

I have both the Craft-sha and Seiwa. (Thanks Nigel for the great videos!!!) Both are great, but the Seiwa is built better in my opinion. I have rather large hands, and the Seiwa has a wider handle which makes using it for long periods much more comfortable for me. Hope this helps! :)