rickeyfro

Busy Weekend

Just wanted to show a couple of seats I finished up over the weekend. The Indian Larry one I vinagrooned and incorporated a Belt buckle, modified it, encased it in leather, wet formed it and laced it to the bottom skin, The WCC is just a spider web design dyed black with the cross oiled and antiqued

buckle.JPG

buckle2.JPG

buckle3.JPG

wcclab.JPG

wcclab2.JPG

post-5441-125237983577_thumb.jpg

post-5441-125237984695_thumb.jpg

post-5441-125237985598_thumb.jpg

post-5441-1252379866_thumb.jpg

post-5441-125237987427_thumb.jpg

Very nicely done. That vinegaroon looks really good, looks like ya got your mix going good.

Im doing my seat in vinegaroon and so far its turing out nicely, ofcourse the lacing isnt that good lol. Thatll take some more practice on my part.

Very nicely done. That vinegaroon looks really good, looks like ya got your mix going good.

Im doing my seat in vinegaroon and so far its turing out nicely, ofcourse the lacing isnt that good lol. Thatll take some more practice on my part.

Thanks Max, yeah Im really liking the Vinagroon way more than the black dye like I used on the WCC. Rawhide1 sent me some black walnuts Ive got em soaking now, Im gonna try making some dye with em, I'll post when I get something done with it so ya'll can see how it turns out. Id like to find out more about these natural dyeing methods, seems like this leather stuff just keeps opening up new projects. Really want to learn some braiding, Id love to do some grips braided like whip handles. That stuff is just really hard to self teach, would love to find a video that teaches it clearly.

Very cool seats!

I especially dig the Indian Larry seat! I have one my own Indian Larry seats coming up soon! I'll be sure to post pictures!

Keep up the nice work!

Nice seats! Your busy weekend paid off.

Just reconfirms that I had some good help on my first two seats. Thanks for your help!

Very cool seats!

I especially dig the Indian Larry seat! I have one my own Indian Larry seats coming up soon! I'll be sure to post pictures!

Keep up the nice work!

Thanks Troy, seems Larry is as popular as ever