mckinney

Help With Juki 341N

Recently purchased a Juki 341n cylinder bed and after adjusting feed dogs, presser foot pressure/ height im still getting heavy marks on both top and bottom.

Not sure if I need to invest in some new parts or??? any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thx.

Also. Can you guys recommend a good needle size and thread size? I generally sew using of 4/5oz. veg tan and make wallets, etc.

Back off the presser bar pressure spring (or springs if you have one for each foot bar). Use #69 bonded nylon thread with either a #16 or 18 leather point needle. Make sure the feet are smooth on the bottom. If necessary, lower the lift of the feed dog.

Back off the presser bar pressure spring (or springs if you have one for each foot bar). Use #69 bonded nylon thread with either a #16 or 18 leather point needle. Make sure the feet are smooth on the bottom. If necessary, lower the lift of the feed dog.

Thanks for the quick response. Would you recommend filing the foot bottom smooth or buying a new leather specific one?

Thanks for the quick response. Would you recommend filing the foot bottom smooth or buying a new leather specific one?

Buy new feet and keep the originals for Naugahyde and Sunbrella jobs.

Did you have any luck fixing this issue? I haven't been able to find a smooth feed dog for this machine. I'm having the same issue. I sold my Cowboy 3200 because it was putting too much pressure on top of my wallets from the presser foot and replaced it with the 341. Which fixed that issue but now the teeth on the presser foot of the 341 are chewing up the bottom of my wallets. I tried filing down the teeth but it didn't help much.

56 minutes ago, stockandbarrel said:

Did you have any luck fixing this issue? I haven't been able to find a smooth feed dog for this machine. I'm having the same issue. I sold my Cowboy 3200 because it was putting too much pressure on top of my wallets from the presser foot and replaced it with the 341. Which fixed that issue but now the teeth on the presser foot of the 341 are chewing up the bottom of my wallets. I tried filing down the teeth but it didn't help much.

It's remotely possible, but highly unlikely you will find a dealer or private person who has a smooth feed dog for your machine. So, take it off the machine and braze across the teeth, then grind/sand it down flat. Make sure you smooth out the needle slot and round the edges with round Emory cord. If you can't braze, try using liquid steel from two squeeze tubes.