Finished this one today. It's a dayplanner for my daughter. She loves Alligators! So some embossed cowigator (albino) was located and this is what I came up with. Her name is Rebecca, so I personalized it a bit and added her nick on the spine.

The stitching is by hand, and I THINK I am getting better! Thread is the new Tandy Orange Braided Nylon. The color is Eco-flo Range Tan as a base and Eco-Flo Antique Saddle Tan as a top coat. I finished it in good ol' neet lac, three hand rubbed coats.

Lemme know what ya think!

Becca_notebook_1.jpg

becca_notebook_2.jpg

becca_notebook_3.jpg

post-5734-1208040395_thumb.jpg

post-5734-1208040406_thumb.jpg

post-5734-1208040417_thumb.jpg

Nice work again Frog! Lot's of exotic leather today I think. I get jealous, I've been googling for it but can't find any of it in Sweden. Suspecting import laws.

Anyway nice celtic style floral there, must be your own invention again.

Croc or gator on the back is really cool.

Nice going!

Tom

thats damn nice frog!!...sure shes just gonna luv it & will be showing it off...i really like the white contrast...very eye catching...big thumbs up on that :thumbsup: especially since i'm a big gator/croc fan myself ;o)

good stuff!!

darryl

You've really been coming up with some neat stuff! I like how you did the aligator a lot. That Sheridan carving you did a while ago with the skulls was pretty neat too. I might have to steal that idea from you. Keep those pictures coming.

I like it. Especially the tooled gator. Looks inlayed at first glance.

KK

Great looking planner Frog, I love the stuf you've been posting here lately, keep em coming.

Ken

Great Frog.

I love how the gator came out, as KK says, at first glance it looks like inlays, very cool:-)

Finished this one today. It's a dayplanner for my daughter. She loves Alligators! So some embossed cowigator (albino) was located and this is what I came up with. Her name is Rebecca, so I personalized it a bit and added her nick on the spine.

The stitching is by hand, and I THINK I am getting better! Thread is the new Tandy Orange Braided Nylon. The color is Eco-flo Range Tan as a base and Eco-Flo Antique Saddle Tan as a top coat. I finished it in good ol' neet lac, three hand rubbed coats.

Lemme know what ya think!

Ken,

That looks really good Brother. :You_Rock_Emoticon: I like the finish. The design appears to be kind of a "celtic western floral" hybrid another famous Froghunter design. I'll bet my square that 'Becca really likes it. Your stitching looks so good that I have to look closely to tell if it's machine or hand stitched. How did you finish the edges-slick or just raw, can't see it?

John aka Indy

:cheers:

great looking planner Frog, the color is excellant. how'd you do the inside?

This is really cool. I like the design and execution. I like the embossed also.

That's so original & custom made I love it. The sort of object that'd be nice to have in your daily life -especially if you like 'gators.

Wow, Ken, this looks awesome! I'm glad you didn't post this before I did your PIF 'cause then I might have chickened out! :lol:

I just love the alligator theme you've got going. Works real well. And your stitching, in my book, is spot on :)

Looks great! I like the way you incorporated celtic with the sheriden. The 4-H kids I lead are all young and tend to shy away from sheriden. Except for the ones who live the western lifestyle. I am always trying to show them that leatherwork does not have to be "cowboy" based. How did the neatlac work with the eco-flow? I have been shy to try that combo myself. How did you like the ned thread to work with? I like the Idea of colors outside of black, brown and white. Keep up the great designs.

Thanks for all the great compliments....I think I am blushing just a bit!

Now to answer a couple of questions....

The insides of the planner are actually a Tandy kit, The number 4303-00. It is all finished and has not only the dayplanner stuff but a second area to use as a clutch. I bought the insides a couple of years ago and it had been sitting in my stuff since then, so I found a piece of low grade 4/5 oz with a lot of "character". I prefer to use lower grade leather myself on a lot of projects, I like the look it gives. (note under the alligator on the back, stretch markes and rough spots)

The design is actually from a craftaid that Tandy still sells, it has a few different corners on it, so no not my design.

I left the edges raw to add to the character, it blends well with the "Theme" in my opinion. I don't do that often but once in a while it just works!

The neat lac works well with the eco-flo. I had a bit of bleed off on the first and second coat, but hardly any on the third. now it can be rubbed and leaves no residue. The only Eco-Flo I don't recommend using neat lac with is the cova color paints, it tend to EAT them!!

The new braided waxed thread is easy to work with, but it is a BIT thicker than the old standard thread, so some pulls are little tougher. But all in all it works very well and I too like the variety of colors. Black brown and white can get a bit old!

Well I think I answered all the questions....thanks for the great responses, seeing the quality of work on this site, It makes one feel good!

Oh and ClayB, please feel free to steal the skulls and Sheridan....I would LOVE to see what you could come up with!

~Ken

Nice work KEN. I am sure your daughter will love it.

Edited by Cecil

I really like seeing what it is that you come up with. I like your style and the designs you come up with. Thanks for sharing.