Sign in to follow this  
Shorts

What weight for card holder?

What weight is preferred to make a business card holder? I'd like a simple slim line folding holder. My husband travels a bit and here in JPN, business cards are an important exchange. I know he doesn't have a holder so I'd like to make him one. I need it slim line as he wears flight suits, khakis, and dress attire so light pocket carry is a must. I'll probably hand stamp his wings and name on it for a little personal touch.

Thanks

Hmm this one was a hot topic :lol:

Well there's been a change of plans anyway, he wants something else instead.

Oooop's a little late but, I've used 2/3oz & 3/4 oz veg tan and had good success with both. If tooling, RC to an artist mat board.

Regis

Thanks Regis. I'll pick up some lighter weight leather, right now I've only got 8/9oz for holsters. <-- That'd blow 'slim line' right out of the water ;)

8/9 oz. would make an interesting card holder! I just made a couple out of 4 oz, and it worked very well. I stretched the pockets to make them hold more cards.

Guess it doesn't matter to you now, does it!!

Yeah, 2/3 and 3/4 sounds good. Nice and workable on something that small.

8/9 oz. would make an interesting card holder! I just made a couple out of 4 oz, and it worked very well. I stretched the pockets to make them hold more cards.

Guess it doesn't matter to you now, does it!!

lol Well not for hubby's. But I've been brainstorming lately, and I'm thinking I might get a batch together with squadron and staff patches stamped on them. See if I can drum up a little business around here :)

Thanks everyone!