Sign in to follow this  
ironhead13

Finished The First One

Some have seen it, just thought I'd post it here.... first seat.

It sits a little differently than in the pics. Had to modify the way it mounted so I would fly off the back like I was doing yesterday... heads and cams...cams and heads...

bikewithseat3.jpg

bikewithseat2.jpg

bikewithseat.jpg

seatback.jpg

seatfinal.jpg

Probably do this one sometime..

corbonseat.jpg

Chancey, this is the other shovel I think I mentioned.. 76 I believe. The most menancing sounding shovel I have EVER heard. I need it, with some 18" apes with a low seat... yeah!

jeffshovel.jpg

What's that round thing mounted between your bars???? ;)

Excellent job on the bottom too.

Want to do a trade on that two-up?? You buy mine and I'll recover yours....... Basically, give me money and a seat (yeah, I win on that deal). Or you can just buy mine.

That thing between my bars... keeps my license in my wallet.... barelly!! It's a hard thing to do when a bike craves high rpm's. That's the biggest drawback with it... you can't just put around if you wanted too. Don't get me wrong, it ain't no crotch rocket but it will eat a twin cam 96 up.

The back was last minute. Wasn't gonna do anything with it. But it felt like a waste to not do something and gain a bit more practice and just smack sh!t to some old german thrash.

The corbin seat will still be my main seat. The only reason I speak of covering it is due to the the stitches coming out and tearing. The hump helps keep you planted on those moments of hard acceleration..which I took for granted before riding with this solo I attempted.

That is the main reason I never sew anything...I ALWAYS USE LACE...sewing breaks and rots then you can't fix it properly.

The bikes look cool!

YOUR SEAT CAME OUT AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

Most solo seats never have a decent lift in the back, and that is why I designed mine the way I do, with a high spring mount to get more lift out of the back it may help your problem.

man, i got a bad ass pic im gonna post here when i get the chance to get it off my phone. Just got back from a mandatory and spent nearly 7 hrs on the sporty average 80+ mph...(about the same to get there yesterday..) im a bit beat up at the moment. major racoon face going on... lol.

Anyhow, the issue was the mounted bracket on the front i had forgotton to cut it shorter before welding it.., i modified it fri night before i left out sat morning and it sits fine now. Dropping the front letting the bend come up more. I didn't put an extreme bend on the back as i wanted it to flow with the frame. Since i had decided i wasn't going to hard tail the sportster... and since i think a swing arm bike looks silly with a seat on springs...those where my main reasons for my deciding on the bend. But, all is good now and it's got more bend than what the pics show.

and no i didn't do this trip on the new seat... that would have been a BAD idea. I may have rambled a bit... im going on 2 hrs sleep and that ride and heat has got me all wound the f down.

1947 I shouldn't have to say anthing more. Don't see many of these around!

razorback.jpg