Casey Jordan

Engraved Barry King Maul

Here's a maul I engraved for the Art of the Cowboy Makers contest. I referenced it in another post and was asked to post pictures.

A big "Thanks" to Barry for all his help on this project. He sent it to me in peices, I engraved it and sent it back to him to assemble and he sent it back to me again. We should get frequent flyer miles or something!?

I picked his biggest maul, the 96 oz. (6 pound) so I could have more room to engrave. It was my first attempt at curved surfaces. Engraving the nut was like trying to shampoo a cat, and yes I got scratched.

I had a lot of fun with people who didn't really know what it was or what it was used for. Depending on where they lived determined what answer ( smart remark) I gave them.

Some of the better ones: Wyoming Wife Wacker

Hollywood Husband Husher (Endorsed by Sandra Bullock)

California Cheater Beater

Montana Marriage counseler

Texas Timeout.............well you get the picture.

post-7801-127744065577_thumb.jpg post-7801-127744067025_thumb.jpg post-7801-127744068208_thumb.jpg

I will try to get some better pictures of the rest of the engraving before I send it to the customer.

I'm sorry for the blurry pictures! I'm not sure what happened.

Edited by Casey Jordan

Hope these are clearer!

post-7801-127744297815_thumb.jpgpost-7801-127744300265_thumb.jpgpost-7801-127744301186_thumb.jpg

Thats pretty Cool Casey. You did a very nice job.

Hi Casey,

Very nice engraving! I'm sure it will do very well at the contest. Thanks for sharing.. Ed the"BearMan"

I like that a LOT!! I always wonder what a person would do with Barry's BIG maul. Now I know.

Very nice work Casey !

Nice job, that really looks great!

WOW!!!:jawdropper:

Thanks everyone for the comments!

I didn't win anything in the contest, but I knew I wouldn't when I entered. I entered for the exposure since I'm still pretty new at engraving. It was well worth it since I sold this one and took orders for three more.

So, I guess you could say I came out a winner.

Ben,

I have a Gravermax SC from GRS and engrave under a microscope. I don't get as much time to engrave as I want but it's hard with a real job and doing leatherwork too.

Casey,

Which handpiece? Any upgrades to the SC?

Regards,

Ben

Ben,

I use the 710 hanpiece. I also have the Magnum handpiece but I prefer the air hose coming out the back of the 710. Just a matter of preferance I guess.

I don't have any upgrades on the gravermax.

Here's a picture of the bottom brass piece of the big maul.

post-7801-068040300 1282508321_thumb.jpg

And here's three more I just finished, they are a lot smaller and will be used more often. I will send these to Barry to finish putting them together and two will be going to Japan and one comes back to me for my shows to see if I can sell it.

post-7801-038104900 1282508621_thumb.jpgpost-7801-019463100 1282508655_thumb.jpgpost-7801-078011800 1282508673_thumb.jpgpost-7801-070464300 1282508692_thumb.jpg

Your engraved pieces look great Casey!

Great Job Casey!! Your engraving is Very Very Nice!! Ed

Thanks for the nice comments Bobby & Ed!

Coming from two true artists like you two gives me confidence, but I know I still need practice to get to where I want to be with engraving.

Ed, your mauls are incredable, even without someone scratching and gouging the hell out of 'em.