Sign in to follow this  
esantoro

adapted a round Tandy slicker

Have any of you ever adapted a round Tandy slicker to be used in a drill and how did you go about doing it?

Thanks,

Ed

I used a 1/4" bolt, head and washer on one side and washer and nut on the other, with enough bolt left over to fit in the chuck on my drill.

rharris

Also Weaver carries a 9 in 1 slicker which chucks up easily without modification and you get different grooves and diameters for your projects. Plastic is #65-2962 (14.95) , Wood is #65-2961-24.95

Also Weaver carries a 9 in 1 slicker which chucks up easily without modification and you get different grooves and diameters for your projects. Plastic is #65-2962 (14.95) , Wood is #65-2961-24.95

I'll have to have a look at that.

My husband is toying with modifying a bench grinder he doesn't use so he can mount and edge slicker for me.

Do you have the web site adress of Weaver? I might be interested in purchassing the 9 in 1 sliker!

you can use a buffer motor but you need to slow it dow2n so you do not burn the leather. they have a rheostat that can do the and it letys you control the rpm so you will not go to fast. as for using the Tandy poly burnisher I use a 1/4 " bolt and nut and chuck it up to my drill and use it sometimes