humperdingle

Struck Lucky Today!

Ordering leather and other bits and pieces online is fine, but you never REALLY know what you're getting until it has been delivered.

This morning I visited a leather workshop not 2 miles from my house - A very old one, which had been passed from grandfather to father and now the daughter runs it.

I'd enquired about whether or not they could supply leather, and so went up today to have a look.... Awesome! Like a step back in time - Large workshop, lots of old tools and equipment, big Singer machine, skiving machine... Well, you get the idea...

So I walked out with a side of veg tan and some brass bits and pieces (after paying of course :D) And she says she can get me anything I need, or buy the odd fittings from her on an adhoc basis... As well as offer advice on leatherworking.

That's very much a result!

Right, i'm off to make something :)

great find! wish there was something similar near Oldham!

Lucky indeed. The closest shop I know of is about 45 min from me. I'd sure like to have someone local just for the advice alone.