apkayle

Gambler's Choice Leather

Has anyone ordered "Gambler's Choice" leather from Springfield Leather? Did you get a product relatively close to what you asked for? I'm asking this while fully realizing the "gambler" part of the deal alongside the low price of the deal.

Are you making reference to the $20.00 sides that have been offered?

Ray

I assume he is talking about the gamblers choice option on their website sold by the square foot.

There are 5 aspects to leather I think you can generally look for when buying. Type of tanning, type of hide, color, thickness, and temper. With gamblers choice I would say you can reliably request two of the five and you will get what you ask for.

I've ordered this a few times for prototypes or one off projects. I have always been happy with what the pickers at Springfield have come up with. If you are a bit flexible I'd say give it a shot.

I agree with Glendon on that.......be flexible

and usually good and usable stuff

Ah. That sounds great! Thank you guys.

I've been looking for a way to buy some scrap leather for some 5.5" by 8.5" notebook covers. This sounds like a pretty decent way to pick up some extra leather, especially for a newbie leatherworker like myself.

I would say you're on the right track there. I had the same thought on the gamblers choice as a cheaper way to get experence. So far I have not been disapointed. When you place your first order, put in the notes section at check out what your project is, and they should pull you something that will work well.