Don101

Let me know if you need holster patterns

if any one needs pictures of paterns of a certain type of holster let me know and if i have it ill be glad to help out i have about 60 or so, so i might have the one you are looking for. Don

Don, you have something for this new Rugar MKIII?

Guns_001.jpg

post-834-1182240214_thumb.jpg

no i dont have that one ....sorry i mainly have all the old west type or for 1911s ... what the hell is it ?

thats a 2007 Rugar MKIII competition .22cal target pistol. I traded up my MKII back in march for the newer MKIII with the fluted barrel. Looking at winning some tournies this year with her....

Looks like a 22cal clip in the case.

ok i have an idea looking at the pic i could make you a pattern pic just by using the contours of the inside of your box as a reference point, post or send you the desighn and all you have to do is blow it up to the size of your box interior

ok, what exactly do you need from me?

what type of holster do you have in mind pancake, flap holster, and so on and what would you like on it carving stamping ect as a desighn

sample.jpg

here is somthing you could use the guid lines ive drawn in your pic to make the patern from your box

i hope this helps you out or atleast gives you an idea how you could make the basic pattern, Don

i would leave the back piece straight ..dont cut out the trigger

post-1381-1182437623_thumb.jpg

Edited by Don101

Don's right. I'd cover the trigger guard. I'd also relieve the rear portion enough that you can get the correct firing grip while the gun is in the holster. Step 1 of a smooth presentation is a firm and final firing grip; it begins in the leather. Once the draw starts one should not readjust the grip. We should have to milk, juggle or fumble with the gun in mid-presentation. A poorly designed holster will lead to habits you probably don't want, and in the worst case scenario can be dangerous. A good design will allow access to a correct firing grip.

If you're planning on using it for competition, the pancake might not be your first choice. Pancakes are great for concealment, but not so quick on the draw as a holster designed specifically for that.

You want an open holster with a forward cant.

ok, I will take the edited pic and go from there... I didnt realize it was that "simple"....

The holster will not be used for competition.

I like the drawing with the straight back to cover the triger and guard.... but would like to extens the length down the barrel to cover the front sight so she doesnt get snagged as she gets drawn (presented).

What do you guys think?

Don

Do you have any 1800's scabbard patterns or pictures? I have a 1892 20" EMF saddle ring that I want to hang on my horse. I found a picture of one that I like but I would like to see other options.

Thanks

IMG_0235.JPG

IMG_0236.JPG

IMG_0233.JPG

Kopie_vonIMG_0232.JPG Here are a few pictures of scabbards

post-1381-1183912897_thumb.jpg

post-1381-1183912953_thumb.jpg

post-1381-1183913036_thumb.jpg

post-1381-1183913076_thumb.jpg

IMG_0230_840X629.jpg my repro for my win 1873 30"

Kopie_vonIMG_0223.JPG the pattern.... it is carved both sides

Kopie_vonIMG_0231.JPG the original scabbard

post-1381-1183915309_thumb.jpg

post-1381-1183915416_thumb.jpg

post-1381-1183916148_thumb.jpg

Edited by Don101

The scabbard for your 1873 is a beauty, Don. When my father was a young man he found an 1873 hidden in the corncrib of a barn he was mucking out and the owner of the place let him keep it. It's mine now, and you've inspired me to try my hand at a scabbard for it.

Edited by Jim M

thanks for the compliment but what a wonderfull story and history youre one lucky guy

Thanks Don

I like your 1873 also. I will probably make on similar in shape only without the carving, perfect stitching, and no mistakes :biggrin:

Thanks again for the pictures.

I would like to see if you have some patterns for a 1911? Early WWI or WWII military type? also maybe some modern ones as well?

Attached is a boot that I make for my 12 GA Shootgun.

Mark

if any one needs pictures of paterns of a certain type of holster let me know and if i have it ill be glad to help out i have about 60 or so, so i might have the one you are looking for. Don

shotgun_holder.JPG

post-5-1197927771_thumb.jpg

i think you will find that for the ww1 the us millitary used the 38 cal doubble action from colt, the holster was nearly the same as the 1880 version (i do have a pattern) only slightly larger around the trigger guard as to acomodate the larger framed 38 colt, as for 1911 i do have the civillian for the 1911 from frazier patern Nr 9 but i dont have the ww2 mill 1911a1 pattern

Hey Don, Was going through some old post and saw that you have an offer of holster patterns. Would like to know what you have in 1911 model. Not looking for a pancake or concealment rig but more of a competion holster similiar to Ted Blockers. thanksJohnny

Hi Johnny what i do have is a nice simple holster for the 1911 hope that helps, Don

DSCF0022_Gro_e_E_Mail_Ansicht.jpg DSCF0023_Gro_e_E_Mail_Ansicht.jpg DSCF0024_Gro_e_E_Mail_Ansicht.jpg

post-1381-1195039212_thumb.jpg

post-1381-1195039228_thumb.jpg

post-1381-1195039240_thumb.jpg

Hi Don. Do you have a pattern for a S&W 357 with about a 6 inch barrell?

Thanks,

Hilly

Hi hilly no sorry i dont have that one, i wish i could edit the post at the begining as i should have stated western gunleather as i dont normally make modern stuff, not without having the gun in front of me, maybe some other holster makers here can help you out sorry, Don

Don, am I correct in thinking that a western holster for a Bisley Colt revolver would be the same as for a standard Colt single action? I was told by someone in a gun shop, Texas Jacks, that revolver only differed in its grip and hammer and you could convert the Bisley to a conventional Colt by changing backstrap and hammer.

SkipJ