Sign in to follow this  
rgerbitz

Lacing needles

I saw a man at a Brannaman clinic this summer using these lacing needles when he was making a pinnaple knot. So I bought some and to try them out, I used them on a nose button I just finished up and was thinking that I sure wish someone had told me about these sooner. It seems like it cut my time threading the strings across the button down considerably. Maybe this post can help someone else out.

Rob

1190-00-L.JPG

I saw a man at a Brannaman clinic this summer using these lacing needles when he was making a pinnaple knot. So I bought some and to try them out, I used them on a nose button I just finished up and was thinking that I sure wish someone had told me about these sooner. It seems like it cut my time threading the strings across the button down considerably. Maybe this post can help someone else out.

Rob

1190-00-L.JPG

They must have been out for about 30 years. These are the only type I've seen.

Tony.

Yep...those lacing needles are handy as a pocket on a shirt. And a good fid. Especially when the knots get tight, those needles get a little weak going under the laces. Just open up the path with the fid and slide it through.

looks just like the ones that Tandy has been selling for years..

Rob

I haven't used them yet but I'm fixing to get some. I have cut up a tin can and wrapped the end of my roo string with that and it does make a world of difference. But when I use rawhide it seems the ends are stiff enough but I may give them a whirl on rawhide when I get some. It can't hurt. Thanks for reminding me!!

Mike

i use these needles to make all my knots...never have used a fid...though i sometimes use a tiny screwdriver(flat head) to make the gaps between pairs so needles go in easier.