Sign in to follow this  
4C Saddle and Harness

Help With Bullropes

What kind of help are you looking for. Specifics help. I have braided a few ropes for kids riding steers out of baling twine and will answer what I can. Also, look in the 9 strand flat braid tutorial that's pinned. I think its the second page a guy chimes in with info and link about bull ropes.

What kind of help are you looking for. Specifics help. I have braided a few ropes for kids riding steers out of baling twine and will answer what I can. Also, look in the 9 strand flat braid tutorial that's pinned. I think its the second page a guy chimes in with info and link about bull ropes.

Thanks for responding needing help braiding in the hand hold.

As you're braiding the flat part of the rope, incorporate in your extra strands for several inches - this is your block. Once that has been established continue braiding the flat part and separate out the new pieces toward the top long enough for your hand hold then incorporate back into the flat braid. That's how I did it anyway.

There is a dvd available from Bill Croft...I think it is only $30-$40 and he shows you how from start to finish...he also has kits available.