KelseyR89

Need Help With Colored Dyes Vs Antiques!

Hey guys!

I just started leather work in February and have been using several Eco-flo Gel Antiques that have been great! I do wallets with quotes, outlines of states, etc. (etsy.com/shop/redleafleather) and the antique has been amazing for getting in the lettering and the tooling to make it really pop out. The problem with the antiques is there's only like brown/tan colors and I want to start doing vibrant colors like red, green, etc. I tried using the Eco Flo Professional Waterstain (red color) and it just didn't stick in the lettering and the outline of the state at all, I'm guessing it's because it's more liquidy instead of a gel. When I put the sealant on top it just wiped the red out of all the letters and they weren't even noticeable hardly.

I REALLY want start using fun colors - anyone have any suggestions on a different gel/dye/whatever that I can use that will stay in the lettering??

Thank you!!

use marker pens for color

use marker pens for color

Are there special marker pens for that? Any brand you like that's better than others? And it allows the stamping to be prominent?

About any permanent ink marker that will work with your stamping, wide thin medium line let it dry good your ready to go

About any permanent ink marker that will work with your stamping, wide thin medium line let it dry good your ready to go

Really? That seems too easy to be true! :) I will definitely try that though - sounds much better than getting acrylic and painting. Thank you!

Remember some colors don't show against others so chose wisely