Sign in to follow this  
Leatherpownder

Dark Colored Reins

Some knots on the latest reins I built. These are made from a hide with red hair but turned out chocolate colored after I scraped the hide. (a close up for Knot Head)

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0048.jpgIMG_0046.jpg

Edited by Leatherpownder

I'm not a braider (just wishing I knew how too *S*)

This is gorgeous work and even I can see the time put into these beautiful reins :You_Rock_Emoticon:

All I can do is round braid or I can use a Mexican Basket Weave on edges. I wish I had the patience AND someone to show me in person how to do this, I've watched videos, looked at instructions, etc. and just can't get the knots. Those are gorgeous. Cheryl

I really like those Brett. Sure bet they will really look even better after a year of using them.

Beveled top and bottom!

Nice even pressure on your strings and buttons.

The top bevel effect is almost hard to look at on the computer screen.

Very Nice work.

You sir are a master!

Joel

Thank You. Just beveled on the hair side.

Beveled top and bottom!

Nice even pressure on your strings and buttons.

The top bevel effect is almost hard to look at on the computer screen.

Very Nice work.

You sir are a master!

Joel

This is the hide those reins were made from. Natural color.

P1000293.jpg

Very nice work. Since its a different color are you going to make matching headstall also?? Also seeing the picture of the hide when being de-haired makes me want to drag out the 3rd hide that I bought out of the freezer (been there almost a year) and give my 3rd attempt at making rawhide another try. :spoton: first time was a magot mess, second time to much chemical and it ate the hide into a slimmy mess so when I got this next hide it ended up in the freezer until I get my confidence up to try again. Not that my work would look anything like yours since yours is so near prefection but it sure wants me want to give it a try.

Again great work of art you made, thanks for posting the motivation that will hopefully keep me trying.

Annette

Hackamore would be nice too, I'd like a medium stiffness 5/8 but could go for a smaller 2 rein size too. ;) . Got enough string left?

See what I got Bruce.

Hackamore would be nice too, I'd like a medium stiffness 5/8 but could go for a smaller 2 rein size too. ;) . Got enough string left?

I had kind of forgotten to tell my wife I bought 'em the other day after I commented on them. They came today. You know how they say that somethings look better live than in pictures? Here's another example. These are BEAUTIFUL!!! Yeah the color is a real rich chocolate brown. That is only part of the story. The workmanship is topnotch, the pictures don't lie there! Braids are straight down the line and the knots are true as well. Smooth as silk. They feel really good in my hand, can't wait to get them on a horse! Thanks!!!!

WOW! Those are fabulous. How did you learn to braid so well?

Paul

Lots a trial an error.

WOW! Those are fabulous. How did you learn to braid so well?

Paul

Yeah Bret, i really like all of your romals and that hide turns out very nice!!! i allways make some advertisement for you because a lot of people ask me about romals... and yours are the best i guess!!!!

thanks for sharing, it´s very interesting for me

greetings from germany

Michael