Lobo

A week of S&W Centennials & Bodyguards!

Howdy, all. I make quite a few holsters for the Smith & Wesson Chief Specials (lot of the little guys out there!), but mostly for the standard M36, M60, etc. with external hammers. Occasionally I get a call for the Centennial/Bodyguard styles (M38, M40, M442, M642, etc) with the shrouded hammer mechanisms. Some thought is required on designs, especially for customers who wish to have a retention mechanism in the holster.

Last week I received THREE orders for these pistols!

Customer #1 wanted a SOB (small-of-the-back) design for his M642 equipped with CTC Laser grips. Requirements included no interference with the laser itself (upper right side of the grip, about even with the rear of the cylinder), and no interference with the activation switch (front, inside curve of the grip). I made up a pattern piece showing how the revolver would ride, where the belt loops would be, and the clearances around the areas of concern. Mr. Customer said go ahead, so attached is a photo of the finished product (oiled, ready for final finishing).

Customer #2 wanted a simple pancake style, open top, for his M442. Easy enough. Attached photo shows it with a M37 Airweight installed, but it is easy enough to see how the shrouded hammer model would look.

Customer #3 wanted a pancake style with retention. Again, I did up a patter piece showing an adaptation of a thumb-break, but located at the rear, over the trigger guard, where the release tab (steel-reinforced) can be easily hit with the first and second finger of the drawing hand for quick and easy access. Attached photo shows the holster, ready for final finish.

So, interesting week here at Lobo Gun Leather! I enjoy making people happy by giving them what they want, then getting paid for it!

P1010006.JPG

P1010005.JPG

P1010028.JPG

post-7487-1223219770_thumb.jpg

post-7487-1223219782_thumb.jpg

post-7487-1223219808_thumb.jpg

Good looking leather.

I like the 1st and 3rd holsters. I would have gone for more trigger and hammer coverage on the second. Only potential issue with the 3rd maybe the grip interfering with the retention strap. Otherwise like like your solution for #3.