Wizcrafts

Want best source/price for English Bridle Leather backs

I have just gotten back into the leather belt and strap business after a dozen years doing other things. I am looking for the best price supplier for a black English Bridle leather back, or bend, in about 10-12 oz (~20 sq') weight. Alternately, a large side (25'+) will do, but I have no use for the belly. I need belt quality, not harness.

I can only afford one at a time, right now, so wholesalers (like Weaver) are probably out for me. Your recommendations are appreciated, including leather vendors. I will be happy to purchase it from forum members who happen to have excess black bridle leather.

Hi Wiz,

Not a problem, J&E Sedgwick English Bridle Backs are around $320ea in 3.5-4mm from Siegel of California, and advertiser here (link rotates on top of page). They come in about 4 or 5 colors, of course black.

Art

I have just gotten back into the leather belt and strap business after a dozen years doing other things. I am looking for the best price supplier for a black English Bridle leather back, or bend, in about 10-12 oz (~20 sq') weight. Alternately, a large side (25'+) will do, but I have no use for the belly. I need belt quality, not harness.

I can only afford one at a time, right now, so wholesalers (like Weaver) are probably out for me. Your recommendations are appreciated, including leather vendors. I will be happy to purchase it from forum members who happen to have excess black bridle leather.

Art;

Thanks for the reply and your recommendation. Unfortunately, their prices are way beyond my means. Does anybody else know where I can buy American tanned bridle leather at a much more affordable price?

Anybody have an extra back or large bend they will sell?

American or Canadian (not sure) Bridle they call English Bridle (I wouldn't sell it as that, it's like saying Spanish rice is from Spain) you can get at WC, about $7.5-$8/foot.

Art

Art;

Thanks for the reply and your recommendation. Unfortunately, their prices are way beyond my means. Does anybody else know where I can buy American tanned bridle leather at a much more affordable price?

Anybody have an extra back or large bend they will sell?

There is a supplier in Indianapolis called Landwerlen that has some cheap Wicket and Craig black bridle sides. I don't think they are quite 11-12oz but they are $130. At their price I might get a few myself.

Weaver Leather will sell you one back at a time.

I don't think they did when he made this post almost 6 years ago, they used to be wholesale only.

There is a supplier in Indianapolis called Landwerlen that has some cheap Wicket and Craig black bridle sides. I don't think they are quite 11-12oz but they are $130. At their price I might get a few myself.

This is a very old post that was resurrected by a reply.

I USE WICKETT & CRAIG ENGLISH BRIDLE LEATHER !

I STARTED USING IT FOR MAKING DOG COLLARS & LEADS, & HARNESSES.

I FOUND IT TO BE GREAT FOR BELTS. I BUY SIDES FOR ABOUT $200.00 EACH

I GUESS BACKS WOULD BE A BIT LESS.

I USE WICKETT & CRAIG ENGLISH BRIDLE LEATHER !

I STARTED USING IT FOR MAKING DOG COLLARS & LEADS, & HARNESSES.

I FOUND IT TO BE GREAT FOR BELTS. I BUY SIDES FOR ABOUT $200.00 EACH

I GUESS BACKS WOULD BE A BIT LESS.

and where do you buy Wicket&Craig leather from?

You can purchase direct from Wickett & Craig 1-800-TANNERY (1-800-826-6379)

You can purchase direct from Wickett & Craig 1-800-TANNERY (1-800-826-6379)

i'm trying. since october 2015..

Go Wickett & Craig Web site and email them. That is the easiest way to get in touch with them.

Go Wickett & Craig Web site and email them. That is the easiest way to get in touch with them.

I'm in touch.

but this doesn't lead anywhere. only disappointment..

If you have no luck with W & C direct, try Hide & Leather House they carry W & C leather

www.hidehouse.com

I like W&C but delivery can be a pain in the #%%.

If your not in a hurry give them a call, ask for Mat he's the sales manager and ask him if he has it in stock and if it can be delivered now.

I use their leather as a first choice, and their prices are a little less than weaver.

Weaver will set you up as a wholesale account with little or no trouble. They have some good leather and if it's worth your while they'll cut the straps to your specs.

Hope this helps...

George

Unionlevelleather.com

I like W&C but delivery can be a pain in the #%%.

If your not in a hurry give them a call, ask for Mat he's the sales manager and ask him if he has it in stock and if it can be delivered now.

I use their leather as a first choice, and their prices are a little less than weaver.

Weaver will set you up as a wholesale account with little or no trouble. They have some good leather and if it's worth your while they'll cut the straps to your specs.

Hope this helps...

George

Unionlevelleather.com

I did, believe me.

Now, without any apology about dismissing my late 2015 order, they refuse to split down English Bridle leather Bellies.

I have a limited budget, and want to get all WC English Bridle colors. The economical way to get all at once, is to get bellies in all colors and splited down to my desired thickness. I've requested to split down the bellies ( 5pcs -one of each color in two thicknesses =10 pcs) in 3/4 oz, and 5 pcs in 2/3 oz.

No way to work it out.

How it is possible that a company CAN split down a whole side, which includes a belly area, but don't want to do the same with just the bellies!?

DID ANYONE requested bellies only, but splitted down with success at WC?

Edited by nrk

I've used 9 - 10 oz bridle leather from Waterhouse Leather for belt making. Was very pleased with the leather. It is very waxy, minimal stretch, and wears very well.

I've used 9 - 10 oz bridle leather from Waterhouse Leather for belt making. Was very pleased with the leather. It is very waxy, minimal stretch, and wears very well.

thanks. But the manufacturer of their sales bridle leather is unknown. and only few colors :(