Sign in to follow this  
aussieboy

Claes Saddlery Machine

Hi there, I have just got hold of a claes saddlery machine that i think is a copy of a singer 45k. Can anyone tell me anything about this machine? It has reverse, and it is a cylinder arm machine with a removeable wooden top to make it into a flat bed. Looks to be in pretty good condition.

post-29783-090222900 1331687639_thumb.jp

Did you buy that from Steve?

Hi there, I have just got hold of a claes saddlery machine that i think is a copy of a singer 45k. Can anyone tell me anything about this machine? It has reverse, and it is a cylinder arm machine with a removeable wooden top to make it into a flat bed. Looks to be in pretty good condition.

Yes, that i did. do you know him, or have u delt with him before?

Hi Aussie Boy

This Machine is in excellent condition as I've seen it and was very impressed with the Flat bed Table someone has made for it. Basically it is the same as the 45K25 and does the same work. It should last you for years. Of course the advantage it has is over the 45K25 is the Reverse. Have Fun with it. I'm just down the road from Steve so I go and see the Goodies as they come in.

Kindest Regards.

Jim Saddler.

It appears to be a copy off of the Singer 45. If it is it does not have a walking foot, it is single feed only from the bottom it should sew about .50" and last but not least it will mess up the bottom of the project your are making. The feed dogs are very aggressive. Wizcraft has a cure for this short coming on an other wise very nice machines. Find some of the stuff you dip tool handles in to insulate them and provide a gripping surface. Dip the feed dogs in this stuff it will help with the scuffing on the bottom of your project.

thanks Jim,

Lucky you, i guess u would get first offer on alot a sweet stuff too.

Thanks for the tip mate. scuffing won't be an issue for me for a while, as i am just starting to learn this kraft. I was hoping for some info on this breed of machine or even peoples opinions on claes machines in general.

Can we get more pictures of this machine? This is the first Claes machine I have seen that is not a shoepatcher.

Shoepatcher

Most of my contact with Steve comes from drooling over the magnificent toys he lists for sale although I have sold him a machine.

Thats a copy of a Adler class 5, and so is the Singer 45K

Trox