TimberWolf

Artisan 3000 speed problem

Howdy,

I began to stitch an item this morning on my Artisan 3000, and the motor speed has increased dramatically. I suspect the problem is with the servo motor, but I don't know. Otherwise it operates fine- just won't go slow anymore! Has anyone with the 3000 had a similar problem? Fix?

Too early here on the east coast to call Aritisan, so I thought I would ask here first.

Many thanks!

Tim

My Toro 4000 did the same a few weeks ago--just sped up outta nowhere. I don't know what the problem was, but I turned it off and flipped the red toggle switch on the motor to "L." Then, I turned it back on and it was fine. I don't know if that's the correct procedure to fix it, so please take my advice with a grain of salt.

I didn't call Artisan because it fixed itself, but I'm guessing (stress the word "guessing") that there's some kind of reset that happens. (I was in the same boat--it was on a weekend, so there was no one to call.)

My advice would be to call Artisan, but I thought I'd also pass along my experience.

Edited by BruceGibson

Thanks Bruce,....Hopefully it is something simple. The machine worked perfectly yesterday. Pretty strange to just take off like a rocket! Good thing I was paying attention to my sewing!

Tim

Hi Wolf,

Chinese motors are a thing unto themselves. Once you have an hour of operation on them, they will last forever it seems. I was at the IFoLG show in Ft. Worth, sitting across the isle from the Artisan booth (day before show) and a 3000, nobody operating it, just took off at full speed, only way to stop it was to turn it off (mind you UNPLUG it, not just the switch). New motor, it happens. Replace motor is the best measure. In your case, if it happens again, have them ship you a new motor, it isn't worth the shipping to return it. Again at a show, I had a servo motor that worked for a day and then went dead short. The distributor just has to stand behind it and eat the motor and the shipping. The only solution is to use German motors (Efka), but they cost as much as a machine head, maybe a little less, but not much. The Chinese motors are getting better as we speak, but I still get Chinese motors that use mechanical devices (inside) that have been replaced by electronics in American motors 30 or more years ago. In some ways, it's still the industrial revolution over there.

Art

Howdy,

I began to stitch an item this morning on my Artisan 3000, and the motor speed has increased dramatically. I suspect the problem is with the servo motor, but I don't know. Otherwise it operates fine- just won't go slow anymore! Has anyone with the 3000 had a similar problem? Fix?

Too early here on the east coast to call Aritisan, so I thought I would ask here first.

Many thanks!

Tim

Timberwolf;

If you have a project that you need to finish - you can use mine. I'm just down the steet. Mine is 3 weeks old & I can't seem to do anything on it. Maybe, it just needs someone driving that knows what he doing.

Art:

Hobby Tom:

Thanks for your input ! (Tom, I sent you a PM)

Follow-up:

I just talked to Jerry at Artisan. I want to say he handled the problem in an exceptional manner! He is shipping a brand new upgraded servo motor to me today at no cost. Artisan is even picking up the freight.

Thanks, Artisan!......that's great customer service!

Tim

Hi Wolf,

They all pretty much do that, just no way to fix one.

Art

Art:

Hobby Tom:

Thanks for your input ! (Tom, I sent you a PM)

Follow-up:

I just talked to Jerry at Artisan. I want to say he handled the problem in an exceptional manner! He is shipping a brand new upgraded servo motor to me today at no cost. Artisan is even picking up the freight.

Thanks, Artisan!......that's great customer service!

Tim

Yep, ...he said the control unit was bad. not fixable.

anyway, I am happy. just a slight inconvenience.