raysouth

Foot Operated Grommet/rivet Setters

Hello Folks,

I am beginning a search for a foot operated grommet/rivet/spot setter that is not extremely expensive and dies and accessories are reasonable.

Any suggestions? Assistance heading me off in right direction would be appreciated.

God Bless.

Ray

2 that come to mind right away

goldstartools.com

standardrivet.com

Ray: They make dedicated foot operated setters, but from what I've seen they are pretty pricey. Pricey is probably the way to go if you intend on full-blown production line work, but for lower volume I'd give some thought to a Goldstar or something similar and adapt it to foot operated with a homemade pedal and strap of some sort to operate it.

Just a thought

Bill

Thank you Bill and Tom.

Took a look at Goldstar unit for $300.00 and also considering the fabrication of a unit as you suggested, Bill. Eglideride emailed me a pic of a unit that someone had made and it may be the way to go as I have the Goldstar bench setter and a couple of dies in house.

Having to work from a seated position, I will have to come up with a way to multiply the applied force as won't be able to apply full body weight.

Did locate a stand for $39.00 at Harbor Freight and with 20% coupon that may be the ticket. It is adjustable to several height positions and that is also a plus for me.

Hope I can pull it off and thank you for the suggestions.

God Bless.

Ray