Sign in to follow this  
callmediamond

Leather Ring Pad

does anyone have a guide or templates for making a leather ring pad? I've seen some posted before, but never a tutorial. I'm getting married in a couple weeks and promised to make this... I have been slacking...

does anyone have a guide or templates for making a leather ring pad? I've seen some posted before, but never a tutorial. I'm getting married in a couple weeks and promised to make this... I have been slacking...

i just go to the local store that sells school supplies and get a 3 ring binder then use that as my template.

tear apart the binder saving the cardboard stiffners and the ring. line it up with the leather. i usually leave 1/4 to 1/2" of leather on the outside 3 sides of cardboard. you are going to need some space between the center cardboard and the side cardboard. the center cardboard is where you are going to place the ring. i suggest 1/2" space between the center and sides. you can verify the space by tapping the center in place and sides in place then fold up like is supposed to and see how it looks. adjust as needed. then after done glue it in place and lining in place also trim edges and lace or stitch to finish.

i use pigskin for lining on mine have also used deerskin, and 2-4 oz veg tanned leather. veg tan leather works great cause you can also tool it. makes a interesting lining this way.

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=28286&st=0&p=177514&hl=+ring%20+pad&fromsearch=1entry177514

Is this what you were looking for? No tutorial, simple enough to look at and make your own.

If this isn't what you are looking for, sorry.