Leatherbaron

New Member From Darwin Nt Australia

How are you guys ,

Finally got round to joining LEATHERWORKER.NET

I am from Darwin NT at the (top of Australian map)

I have been a leatherworker since about 1968 met many genuine leatherworkers in my time

and I guess the best would have to be a gentleman I met in Darwin prior to Cyclone Tracy in 1974

The man was an american by the name Lee Grover Lee was the sort of guy who would just sit down and talk to you

for hours on end , and he had no secrets about leatherwork, he would show you anything that he knew and did not hold back,

and thats how it should be if we want to continue the leatherworker tradition going , you hear all the time that leatherworkers are a dying breed

hey I'm not dead yet. - Lee Grover taught me eveything i know and forgotten since then.

anyhow , gidday to all and I guess you will be sick of me very soon.

Terry O'Brien

Darwin Northern Territory - Australia

Hi Terry /wave from Melb.

Can I ask a question please... how do you stop your leather from molding in the humidity? I am planning a 6 month trip up the east coast and around the top in a bus and am worried that my leather will have issues with humidity. Planning on doing craft fairs while travelling.

Cheers

Natalie

Hi Terry /wave from Melb.

Can I ask a question please... how do you stop your leather from molding in the humidity? I am planning a 6 month trip up the east coast and around the top in a bus and am worried that my leather will have issues with humidity. Planning on doing craft fairs while travelling.

Cheers

Natalie

Hi Natalie

I dont really have a lot of trouble with leather going mouldy much , but I guess a lot of sunlight and a periodic wipe with water will keep leather good

I dont think I have had any leather go green or mouldy for such a long time i cant remember when..... but sunlight is the answer or just wipe with water

Regards Terry

welcome terry, great to see another aussie here

cheers from geelong vic

welcome terry, great to see another aussie here

cheers from geelong vic

Thanks for that - I will be around like a bad smell in future...

Regards Terry