Matt T

Lekoza Introduction

I am excited to announce the opening of my store, lekoza.com. I am offering some of the finest supplies in the world including tools from Vergez Blanchard, waxed linen thread from Sajou, Giardini edge paint, and various other items. I am aiming to become a premier source of supplies and knowledge for the leathercraft trade. If anyone has any suggestions for items, or tutorials / videos, let me know.

PreOrder Sale:

When you visit, you will notice that many Vergez Blanchard(VB) tools, and Sajou Lin Cable threads are listed as PreOrder. Until Sunday, Mar 15, I am offering a 20% discount on VB tools, and Sajou thread. This is a deep discount and it is unlikely I will do it again. I am offering the discount as compensation for the wait time associated with the pre-order. I will be placing an order from my vendors on Mar 16, and expect Sajou to ship in 1-2 weeks, whereas VB can take 3-4 weeks (They are often made on demand by hand). To take advantage of this sale, you can enter the coupon code PREORDER during checkout.

So, do you actually MAKE something, or just add a mark-up to what someone else did? Confusing ....

JLS, I don't see your point. Producing items is not the only way to add value to the community. I have spent time and money working on relationships to acquire items which are more difficult to obtain here in the states. For example, the edge paint I am offering is made in the same factory as the paint currently used by the top fashion houses. The minimum order from the supplier is more than $2,000 of paint. The only other way for someone to get their hands on this paint is to order directly from Giardini for the same price, and then pay shipping costs of $50+. Many of my items are available in other stores. Increased competition is only going to serve the community better; it means suppliers have to work harder for your business, through better customer service, prices, and product offerings.

Edited by Matt T

I think it is awesome that we have another source for hard to get items. I live in St. Paul, MN and all we have is Tandy. Which is OK\Good, but this will give Minnesotans easier access to higher end products. Welcome and good luck on you venture!! March 15th huh ? let me see what I can put together for an order...

Sweet! A USA Tiger thread distributor for 500 meters! I know a lot of people will be excited. It was a real bummer when Ludlow disappeared. Now, if only you could get Au Chinois thread for cheaper than fineleatherworking, I'd buy it.

A girl can dream.

Thanks Monica. If you are willing to wait for the pre-order shipment, the Lin Cable Au Chinois thread is included in the 20% off sale.

Edited by Matt T

Let me re-coup some of the cash I've been spending like water. I'm definitely planning to acquire some Au Chinois this year, some way or another.

Will you eventually carry more colors in the edge paint other than the two you have listed? Also, will the two sources of thread be the only thread you will be carrying? I've been searching for linen thread other than the Chinois and it's hard to find a vendor for any.

Stangman, I will carry more colors of paint in the future, but I want to first expose people to the product with the two most popular colors, to ensure that there is a strong enough market for it. Do you have any particular brand in mind for the linen thread? What are you looking for in comparison to Sajou's thread? Bigger size? Something less expensive?

Just ordered a couple of spools of Lin Cable Au Chinois thread can't wait to get them!! Good price and free shipping ....... Cool

Thanks for the business Kwelna. I've placed the orders, and will get them shipped out as soon as they arrive.

I placed an order last week, arrived in 2 days complete. Matt is very helpful and knowledgeable. Also did the pre order on some blanchard tools

allen

Warning: Shameless plug for a MN company..

I Received my thread from Lekoza about a week or so ago. I must say that was fast service, a great price and excellent communications throughout the process. I will be spending more with him\them in the near future.

Thanks for the great service Lekoza!

Thanks for the support guys! By the way, almost all colors of the 532/632 Lin Cable thread are now in stock. For those waiting on Vergez Blanchard tools, I am expecting the shipment from France tomorrow and will ship as soon as I can.

Matt, the next time you contact vergez do you mind asking what SPI they recommend using what thickness of thread? If you are able to contact the main company that sell Fil au chinois and asking what thread works best for what SPI. I have a general idea but would like to hear what the manufacturer recommends.

My thoughts on it is

632 for 8-10 SPI

532 for 6-8 SPI

432 for 4-7 SPI

321 for 4-6 SPI

532 with 9 SPI is a bit too thick, but just barely.