AODfan

New Guy From Oklahoma

Hello all, new person to this forum and new interest of a hobby in the world of leather working Reason for me getting interested was wanting to get leather sheaths for my knives, but they all seemed expensive, so thought I'd try out leather working So I am waiting for my tools and such to arrive knowing I don't currently have a dedicated spot to work, I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for making it portable so that it can be put off to the side if need be. I have the idea of using a fishing tackling box, but wondering if anyone has does that?

Edited by AODfan

Welcome to Leatherworker.net!

Instead of a tackle box, I went with one of the aluminim 'briefcase' tool boxes. It has a divider in the bottom, and a panel with tool slots that attaches to the 'top'. I think I picked it up at harbor freight.

something like this: http://www.harborfreight.com/18-x-12-34-x-6-aluminum-case-69318.html

Thanks for the suggestion. Do the tools on the bottom portion not roll around when carrying, or are the dividers that good?

The dividers aren't all that great....it's a cheap case. But the idea works well, as I put larger items in the bottom, and keep individual tools in the pockets/slots to keep them from getting dinged up. strap cutter, ruler, hammer, mini-anvil....all that bigger stuff goes in the bottom.

AODfan,

Welcome to the forum. I'm also a hobbyist from Tulsa. I only do a couple pieces a year but I have enough crap to be a full fledged leatherworker so let me know if you need anything. Got plenty of scrap leather. PM if you'd like.

AODfan,

Welcome to the forum. I'm also a hobbyist from Tulsa. I only do a couple pieces a year but I have enough crap to be a full fledged leatherworker so let me know if you need anything. Got plenty of scrap leather. PM if you'd like.

Hey, thanks for the welcome, yea I will hit you up if I need anything!

Welcome hope you enjoy it here

Thanks for the welcome.

Two years and it get's put back in the bags on my desk in front of my computer monitor, all my stamping tools are in a block, the rest are here in a box. I have a bar stool with a round marble slab I got from from a counter top store(sink cut out). My leather is in the back room, cramped but it works for now. Do what you got to do.

Welcome aboard!

I just started my self, and was thinking of using a briefcase that I have for all my stuff. Right now I work at an old desk in the corner of my spare bedroom... The desk is small, but seems to be working ok for now, but I can foresee needing a bigger area!