Becca4U

Where Should I Get a Maker Stamp?

I have finally decided to get a maker's mark (stamp) and would like input for ya'll on where I should get it. Also, Size, material, etc.

Any input is helpful!

Happy Trails.

I don't have one yet, but there are a couple of threads around here with examples of some that have been made by members of this forum.

I have finally decided to get a maker's mark (stamp) and would like input for ya'll on where I should get it. Also, Size, material, etc.

Any input is helpful!

Happy Trails.

Jeff Mosby-Grey Ghost Graphics. can't go wrong- good quality, fair price, quick and professional service

pete

makers_stamp.jpg

Jeff Mosby did mine and i am well pleased with it.

post-1906-1227563941_thumb.jpg

I guess I will have to go with Jeff Mosby too. I have three from him and all are great. Good prices and the best quality. He can make almost any size you want. My smallest is 1/2" X 5/16"

Casey (minisaddlemaker)

Jeff Moseby, Grey ghost graphics did mine as well. Did a fine job, too!

Daryl Barberousse made both of my stamps and they are great. He was also the cheapest by far that I could find.

http://www.dbarleather.com/stamps.html

Dbarleather!! I have four of Daryl's stamps so far and I am 100% completely satisfied!!!!

One very important thing to keep in mind is what you will be using it on. I don't know what you make, but if it just small items you don't want a very big stamp. Pick a size that will work well on the majority of items you make.

Hope this helps.

Casey

dbarleather :thumbsup:

I also purchased a maker's stamp from Daryl and I'm more than happy with it. He uses Delrin (IIRC). Every once in a blue moon I use a mallet on it, but I mainly press my mark on my items now.

My 1st Makers Mark was made out of Delrin. It lasted about 9 months before it started fading. I then went with a lazer cut metal one and it should last a life time. But you pay for it. It depends on what you make and how many times you plan to use it.

http://www.lasergiftcreations.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=165

I ordered mine here and couldn't be happier. I think it was thirty something bucks! They made exactly what I asked for and I had it in less than a week.

There is a gentleman on the iforgeiron.com website the makes touchmarks (blacksmith makers mark) he goes by stampman, or a variation there of. No plastic, all steel. A lot of the smiths like his work.

http://www.lasergift...products_id=165

I ordered mine here and couldn't be happier. I think it was thirty something bucks! They made exactly what I asked for and I had it in less than a week.

I have one of these from Brenda, It works great and the price was good.

IMG_1072.jpg

This is the one I ordered from Brenda.

Jeff Mosby at Grey Ghost Graphics did mine too!

post-7926-012377000 1281193164_thumb.jpg

Another vote for Jeff Mosby here, I have a 1" & a 11/2", Both have held up well

After a lot of pounding I found the the top of Delron widen a bit. so I cut the impression off to use in my press and found it worked better and less bouncing around when hitting delron stamp with a heavier mallet.