Sign in to follow this  
wildrose

mini roses

I've been doing well selling the larger ones from Tandy's pattern sheet, so I decided to try some minis. My best friend used to make these, so I'd seen them before. What I do is use a brad (that's officially what it's called) for the center, pushing it through all the pieces including a small circle on the back, and glue a pinback on the circle. (My friend used a rivet, and a small rectangle of leather on the back.)

Have attached some extra pictures for reference. Colors are acrylics. Glue is Alene's. Leather is 3-4 oz tooling kip.

005.JPG006.JPG007.JPG

post-5639-1228350121_thumb.jpg

post-5639-1228350129_thumb.jpg

post-5639-1228350136_thumb.jpg

Very pretty, Holly! I like that pink. :thumbsup:

Crystal

:You_Rock_Emoticon: Very nice, thanks for sharing, Alan

Adodarble, just sooo cute:-)

Thanks! They are fun and easy to make. The pink is my fav too...it's very sparkly.

Very nice, Holly.

I want to thank you for sending me the pattern a few months ago. I started making the roses two weeks ago and they are a good money maker. Easy to make and since I have a splitter, I am using up a lot of scrap.

I will have to adjust the pattern and make some smaller ones.

Those are wonderful!

I would really like to try making one for my mom. Any chance you could send me some instructions?

This is such a wonderful forum!

I'm happy to help! Glad it's working out for others, too...Janice, I'll send you the pic/directions.

I'm happy to help! Glad it's working out for others, too...Janice, I'll send you the pic/directions.

I realize I'm bumping an old thread but would it be possible for you to PM me some patterns and directions on how you make those mini roses. I'd like to be able to make those from scrap leather and affix them to my dog leashes. Right now I'm just cutting very simple flower patterns / shapes and using those, but yours are more realistic.