drunknpirate

Cobra Class 14 Leather Splitter

I would say very very good. The castings are excellent. The rollers transport the leather evenly and effectively. The blade is easy to remove and replace and is long enough that each end fits against an alignment post. It split everything I put through including a coulpe of J.R.12 iron heel lifts, It will split 10oz veg with no trouble, in half or anything down to just splitting the grain off the flesh. It comes in two versions, the motorized on a roller stand and the head alone with handcrank, they had the crank version on a $20 Harbor Freight stand and it worked well. I ordered the motorized version. I tried full 14" width, 12" width, 3" squares, and some strips, everything worked fine, and strips put anywhere on the roller split evenly.

Art

Would you happen to have some pictures of the splitter you could send me? I'm a little turned off by Their website.... Just a far away shot of the splitter, no close ups of the controls....you would think they didn't want to sell these things!? I'd love to see a photo of the handcrank installed as well...

My email address is info@pirateupholstery.com if thats easier then posting on the forum. Thanks...

Edited by drunknpirate

Sorry, but the only pics are in my brain. Controls are Off/Forward/Reverse Switch and an on/off pedal. The splitter ie very much like a Landis 30 and only has a thickness control. There was a one page ad with pics, maybe it is in LC&SJ or Shop Talk.

Art

Thank you for the info Art, my Weaver splitter isn't quite wide enough for a couple of things I do so I may sell it and get one of these in the future. Definitely nice to know someone here has one, may have to look into the hand crank version though as I don't think I'll fit the motorized in my workroom.

Cheers,

Clair

Hi Clair,if you were to sell it, what would be the price range.?

Sorry silverback I missed this until today, I'm not too sure about price yet as I won't seriously be looking at selling it if I do until next year.

Cheers,

Clair

No sweat,i'll keep an eye out.