aldebaran1981

Gluing Pigskin Lining To Leather

Hey guys,

What kinda adhesive is best suited to glue pigskin to leather?

Latex glue?

Rubber glue?

Do I glue the whole sheet of leather to the pigskin?

Do i need to stretch the pigskin abit if I need to have the leather to fold into a flap to prevent wrinkles?

Thanks for any inputs!

I use pigskin to line holster.

Type of Glue: Contact Cement--coat both pieces with the contact cement, let dry till tacky, press together--I then let mine dry over-night before I sew, others here sew right away---whichever way works best for you.

Have never had to stretch it to make it fit into a fold, my holsters are flat until I wet mold them, after molding there are not wrinkles, if the glue has been correctly applied and cured.

Hope this helps.

Troy

is the yellowish rubber glue same as contact cement?

because I have mainly the yellowish smelly rubber glue and white latex glue

I don't think they are the same...Weldwood is the type I use, it is yellow, read the can it should tell you what type of glue it is...got it from a hardware store...with contact cement you have to coat both items to be glued together and then let it dry until it is tacky...then put them together.

Hey guys,

What kinda adhesive is best suited to glue pigskin to leather?

Latex glue?

Rubber glue?

Do I glue the whole sheet of leather to the pigskin?

Do i need to stretch the pigskin abit if I need to have the leather to fold into a flap to prevent wrinkles?

Thanks for any inputs!

I use this stuff: http://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-17-6-oz-High-Strength-90-Spray-Adhesive-90-24/100151277?N=5yc1vZc5dk

3M 90 Spray adhesive works great when I glue lining to my wallets. I cut my wallet parts out first then cut a piece of pig slightly larger. Spray some glue on each, wait until not tacky anymore then stick together. I use a rolling pin to smooth and press them really good too.

Cheers!

Best glue I have ever used for leather - You can buy it at any hardware store, and even wal mart. Comes in a few ounce jar, pint, quart or gallon containers. Spray glue works for a lot of applications, and its a lot easier and cleaner to apply than contact cement. However, whenever I do something with a big fold or I dont want leather edges to separate, I use contact cement.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/DAP-1-gal-Weldwood-Original-Contact-Cement-207534/203661572