Spinner

Flesh Tones

Just passing along good info I found today. I'm working on a 50's style Navy themed Pin-up bib for a motorcycle and realized I didn't have or know how to mix flesh tones. So to the interwebs I went and after about an hour i found the best article out of 20 or so that puts in excellent terms. The colors used are widely available and use common names so anyone should be able to do this. Enjoy!

Chris

http://www.paint-sculpt.com/tutorials/skintone_pallet/skintone-pallet-page-1.html

A good many years ago Paul Burnett taught us to use the natural color of the

leather forpost-1906-079527400 1302819144_thumb.jpg flesh tones.

ps disregaurd all but the nude..........

Edited by Luke Hatley

A good many years ago Paul Burnett taught us to use the natural color of the

leather forpost-1906-079527400 1302819144_thumb.jpg flesh tones.

ps disregaurd all but the nude..........

I agree if the piece is going to be simply oiled and left natural like those in the picture; but if the piece is going to be full color with shadows, shades, not to mention other bright acrylic colors, the singlular tone of natural leather will simply look out of place. My current project of reproducing this illustration in full color on a tank bib will require a few more shades & tones to make it look right. ;)

Anchors_Away_by_Bakanekonei.jpg

Thanks for the link Spinner !! The how to pages are nice to !! Post some pictures when ya get done with the pinup. That is going to be one looking tank bib.

Thanks for the link Spinner !! The how to pages are nice to !! Post some pictures when ya get done with the pinup. That is going to be one looking tank bib.

Yeah, that site has a ton of great info related to painting. Pics will be forth-coming, I did post a pic of the tooling done in the LW gallery so far.