seveneves

How Do I Measure The Fenders To Fit My Clients Legs?

I'm building a saddle for a guy and I want the fenders to fit him just right and I don't really know how to measure for that. Or if I were to get his inseam measurement, what do I do with it? Or maybe there's a thread in here somewhere that covers this already maybe you could point me in that direction. I want to have the stirrup leathers exposed and I'll be using blevins buckles. Any help is appreciated.

I'm building a saddle for a guy and I want the fenders to fit him just right and I don't really know how to measure for that. Or if I were to get his inseam measurement, what do I do with it? Or maybe there's a thread in here somewhere that covers this already maybe you could point me in that direction. I want to have the stirrup leathers exposed and I'll be using blevins buckles. Any help is appreciated.

If you have the Stohlman Saddlemaking books this is covered in them. I don't have them in front of me right now or I could quote out of the book. Will look when I get home if no one has the answer.

I too, use the Stohlman chart to measure for fenders. They work just fine.

Bob

60% of the inseam is what I use

Steve

I too, use the Stohlman chart to measure for fenders. They work just fine.

Bob

I found my stohlman books and read through them pretty good. Did you make the fender jig like he shows or do you just use the chart shown there?

60% of the inseam is what I use

Steve

Is that from the floor to the crotch? That seems like a real simple method. Is that pretty reliable?

I found my stohlman books and read through them pretty good. Did you make the fender jig like he shows or do you just use the chart shown there?

Is that from the floor to the crotch? That seems like a real simple method. Is that pretty reliable?

Yes, seems to be reliable, I've been doing it that way for several years with no problems.