Sign in to follow this  
qarawol

Very fine detailed painting... What do you use?

I have recently started to "paint" some of my leather crafts. I mainly been using Sharpie colored markers. It comes out fine yet some colors change when sealed... darker, lighter or all together different then what I wanted that is why I had to start painting.

Here is the last project I made using a needle/pin to paint the corner stamping...

100_0450a.jpg

This takes too long, though it is therapeutic. Dipping the needle in the paint bottle only to get about a 1/4" of coverage at a time is a lot of work. I tried using a super fine detail brush yet the bristles hold too much paint and almost always spills over the edge of the stamped image. The pin stays in the grove and I just scratch along leaving a painted trail. Having a black background can easily be touched up with a Sharpie but what if I want it to stay natural? Getting paint off of leather is no easy task without discoloring the error'd section... at least that what happens to me. The black in the pink ribbon was done by a fine tip Sharpie.

Question... What do you use to paint the fine lines on some stamps? Suggestions? Tips?

Njoy...

Edited by qarawol

I use a very fine paintbrush. If you find the brush holding too much.....wrap a rubber band around the jar/bottle, with the rub. band going across the mouth. This gives you somewhere to wipe off the excess paint, and the drip/drop falls back into the bottle so you dont' have any wasted.