Froghunter

One Satisfied customer!

Well, after nearly three months, I have finally finished my wife's custom seat. It seamed to be one of those projects that kept getting put on the back burner. Maybe it was me, maybe it was the round braid holding it together (quite a daunting task!), but it is finally finished, and in time for Bike Week!

My wife is ecstatic about the way it turned out, she LOVES it, and by the oooh's and aaaaah's we got tonight while out riding, so did a lot of other people.

Here it is in all it's glory. Tell me what YOU think.

vicki__s_ride3.jpg

V__s_seat2.jpg

V__s_seat1.jpg

V__s_seat_carving_detail.jpg

post-5734-1204427371_thumb.jpg

post-5734-1204427395_thumb.jpg

post-5734-1204427413_thumb.jpg

post-5734-1204428050_thumb.jpg

Edited by Froghunter

Really nice! Great job.

Gotta love that dragon!

Nicely themed with the bike, the white skirting looks nice and catches the eye immidietly.

Can sure understand your wife is happy.

Great job!

Tom

Well, if she isn't satisfied, you need a new customer.

Good looking piece. Lucky wife man. I still have to do my wife's passenger seat for my bike.

That turned out really nice. The dragon's eyes really look great using the green and yellow.

really great work Frog. I just was given a commission to carve a Gothic Unicorn and attach it to the seat as You did. Any suggestions on this application. I have never done the attachment before. The leather seat that is on it now cannot be removed. Any and all help appreciated.

Thanks , kimber

really great work Frog. I just was given a commission to carve a Gothic Unicorn and attach it to the seat as You did. Any suggestions on this application. I have never done the attachment before. The leather seat that is on it now cannot be removed. Any and all help appreciated.

Thanks , kimber

Kimber,

The seat for the wifes, was actually a complete cover for a stock seat. Itookt he exisiting vinyl one off and used it for a basic pattern. The sit panels are 4/5 oz laminated with white embossed ostrich. The top is 5/6 oz. and is attached to the side panels via goat lacing in the mexican basketweave pattern. Also the lower side sovers which wrap around the bottom are 3/4 oz. and are saddle stitched to the upper side panels.

If you can't take the cover off I would probably suggest a "Slip cover" type covering that will cover the entire exisitng seat, or maybe attach the carved piece using as "S" Needle to sew it to the exisiting seat cover.

You should probably post some pictures of the seat and a request for ideas, there are many seat makers here that make mine look second rate. Their expertise and advice might just get you going in the right direction. Hopefully my novice advice will come in handy as well!

Good luck! Can't wait to see your carving! and the finished product!

Thanks for all the nice words! She does love it! No doghouse for me for a while!!! :head_hurts_kr: